Universal Inotia 4: Assassin of Berkel - (by Com2uS Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by dalbertson, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    ?

Anyone else feel like as the main character u should be a melee or first one into fight a enemy? I felt like that with Inotia 3 also, like the range of the warlock and ranger is so bad u have to be right up on enemies and it makes no sense to be the first one to attack as a range character because u get the brunt of the dmg from enemies after that. Even though u do get pets that help with that but still. Anyone else feel the same?

2. sgcc1

sgcc1 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    I actualy go in with my archer or magician. No need to really control my priest against normal mobs since she's pretty tough. Plus, like you said the pets can take all the aggro

What's your favourite class? I'm loving the priest (have a mercenary with 10 skills unlocked)

3. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    #83 nosoup4crr, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
    Not sure whether it's an aberration or not. But piolren underground cave (around level 50) seems to be a solid farming ground. I got 4 skill books and an emblem in about 30 minutes.

Edit: 5 skill books, 3 emblems, 1 dust of death in 1 hour. Not bad.

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    No one?..

5. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Its like they took 3, made the UI and gameplay flow a bit smoother, and then rewrote the story. I like it, and the fact that it is free is kind of cool. I have had some pretty good drops when I killed my first 2 mobs. Got a dice, used it and got +27 stat points distributed all over at lvl 1. So the game just seems a bit easy.

But if you enjoy RPGs I would see no reason not to pick this up.

6. Blizzard500

Blizzard500 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Good but not Great

As many said before, it's almost a continuation of Inotia 3 with Retina icons and decent translation (very good actually). One MAJOR beef I have with this game is how come 80% of the game is MUTE? Music hello? The cutscenes are all silent, the battlefields and most caves are silent. The towns have music but they repeat as soon as you enter a house. How come the town interface are oriented diagonally but the character moves vertically and horizontally? Not a big issue here, but just unusual (same mistake with Aurum Blade)

I'm level 35 right now playing main Assassin.

I have yet to find an Inotia that can top Inotia 2. Inotia 2 is still the best in my opinion.

7. Ace43

Ace43 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Wow wtf? I was grinding in the desert at level 21 and I saw a sword sticking outta the ground. I'd seen it once before and tried pulling it out my "my skill was not enough". So I saw it this time and pulled it out. It said "you got the Legendary Sword". I almost pee'd myself thinking I had gotten an awesome sword....nope. All I got was a (Titanium book). WTF?! I want a sword, not a book. Anybody else find the sword?

8. sgcc1

sgcc1 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    You'll find loads of these swords - don't bother since they're pretty rubbish. Just craft unique items.

9. Ace43

Ace43 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Yea, I found a machine that gave me a repeatable quest. I made Balrogs armor and got recipe for 2 other unique items :). Also can anybody else connect to the "shop". Every time I try it says connection error.

10. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    Things are getting tough.

11. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Okay, does Str or Dex power up attack?
    Strength apparently only powers up 2hs.

If that's the case, is str only useful if you're a warrior?

Has anyone notice the differences?

12. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

I know but i am just wondering if later on in the game being a ranged character and drawing the first aggro will be a prob. Thats the thing as a melee character u are supposed to draw the first aggro and take the brunt of the dmg but a computer controlled tank wont ever get aggro first.

Anyway i am liking the priest so far but i have been trying them all, as i stated above i will probably stick to a class that is supposed to take some hits and let the computer controlled characters do the ranged stuff.

13. sgcc1

sgcc1 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    #93 sgcc1, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
    How far are you into the game?

14. sgcc1

sgcc1 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Your evaluation seems fair enough. Remember the priest has the passive spell that makes the mobs attack the character with the highest DEF, plus she's got the active spell that distributes the damage across all 3 characters. With these 2 factors (as well as pets taking aggro) I've managed to survive by mainly controlling my archer or magician. However, I may have to change tactics as I'm quite far ahead into the game and it's getting a wee bit harder

15. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    ~60.

I'm wondering if it's just my gear. But my black knight gets hit hard. It's gotten to the point that I'm considering just using my main (assassin) to tank.

16. sgcc1

sgcc1 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    I'm lvl 52 and I've been using my Priest as the tank as she has decent DEF (approx. 700), decent HP (approx. 11000) and has 2 healing spells. Throw in a couple of Health potions and Life potions and I'm all good.

I haven't used either Assassin or Black Knight in my party so I wouldn't know how they play (may be on my second playthrough)

17. Ace43

Ace43 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    There's pets in this game?! When where. Also I'm stuck on the part where u fight that girl when u have to fix the leap gate. shes hard

18. sgcc1

sgcc1 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    When we say pets we mean the summoned creatures (the hellspawn and the bear).

Have a magician in your party and cast blood curse. Slows down their movment and attack speed. Also drink a life potion as soon as the battle starts so your mana and HP is continously replenished. If HP drops to 25% drink a HP potion and 5 secs later another life potion to keep your mana levels up. This mean you can pretty much continually spam spells without too much worry

19. Ace43

Ace43 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    By magician, do u mean warlock? and which classes can summon bears and hell spawns? I'll try that strategy in a while. Thank you.

20. sgcc1

sgcc1 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Yes, the warlock.

Warlock can summon hellspawn whereas the Ranger can summon a bear.