Universal Trigger Fist - (by Lake Effect)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Sorry, I meant to be clearer as well. The xp is what unlocks weapons and skills. So if you look at the achievements, they are very much linked to xp, so it's the xp that unlocks your weapons and gives you the cloud sync across devices without it being "iCloud".

2. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Ok thanks. If you know the perks beyond banana clip and the double stuffed, could you post it? Im still using the Magician and Extra Sensor cause it seems better

3. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #503 Rip73, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
    Okay, I think this is how it goes:
    Banana clip-enhanced zoom- enhanced accuracy
    Double stuffed-extra launcher ammo-more silence.
    More or less. The zoom and the more silence sound good but banana clip and grenade extra damage suit me more. For now anyway. I have hopes of enhancements, upgrades, new weapons and maps in the future. If not, i still spent my money well on this game. If such upgrades come in, even better. I definitely can't wait to see Trigger Fist 2 hopefully. (premature, I know. It's just I hope this game has that level of success that i hope a sequel is inevitable)

4. decoy_octopu5

decoy_octopu5 Active Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Florida
    Was going to buy this on the day of release but I'm going to wait till the update comes through after reading all these matchmaking issues.

5. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    Installed this on my other halfs iPad last night so we could 'kill stuff' and watch the Olympics. Gotta say I was really impressed with the smoothness of the Bluetooth connection.

Is there anyway to play against a team of the skull dudes in Bot play?

6. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    There's really no need to wait. You'll have a lot of fun playing with the AI / AI + Online!

7. sean1997

sean1997 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    maybe adding new characters and diff camos to add some extra customizations to the game. such as female characters? diff armor parts(helmet etc?) :) I don't think it'll affect gameplay, the big red/green sign shows teams clearly anyway.

8. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Good idea. Like in Rainbow Six Vegas. The ability to create an "elite" suit with your own colors. =)

9. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #509 Rip73, Aug 13, 2012
    Pocketgamer review is up.
    9 out of 10, gold award.
    Here's a link
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Multiformat/Trigger+Fist/review.asp?c=43989
    I agree with everything they say about it, from the balancing to the aiming. For those who haven't got it yet, it does describe the game very well.
    Nice to see the game is getting the acclaim it should be. This should help boost the online numbers as well.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Think its a great review, totally agree with this...

"This is the first shooter that works within the confines of the hardware to deliver an experience that's unique to touchscreen devices."

I dont care if some of the EA games have better graphics, as it says Trigger First just works very well on iOS and plays so well.

11. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Yes, great review and well deserving of a great score. I do beg to differ about this being the only shooter within iOS for great controls.

I still prefer the Modern combat series on iOS. To me nothing tops Mc2 and Mc3. Just amazing shooters for iOS but Trigger fist is a great game also and with future updates will only get better.

12. banger1103

Jun 26, 2011
    Has anyone actually unlocked the top gun in each class without IAPs?

13. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #513 Rip73, Aug 13, 2012
    I bought up a few weapons in each class. Got as far as the fourth weapon in each class through xp only but then got lazy.
    In saying that, I still don't always use the highest weapon for each map.
    The ump is my favourite. The p90 is great but still prefer ump.
    Got the Beowulf as well. It is a sniper rifle in reality so I still use the m16 more. I'm not great at sniping and the manage and rate of fire from m16 is better suited to me.
    The mg36 is well worth aiming for. It has ammo roll so huge magazine as such and nice range.
    The full auto Glock is awesome as well.
    There is far more satisfaction from unlocking them than buying them though.
    And again, the higher grade weapons have no major advantage over the others. They are just tweaked here and there. The m4 is still my personal favourite.
    If you're planning on staying with the unlocked I hope you are, unlock rather than use iap. Plus as you accumulate the higher levels of achievements, you get a lot of xp from them. It will take time to unlock them but not too long. Focus on getting the different achievements and they will unlock fast.
    I still think you'll find yourself using one of the first 4 weapons of each class more.

14. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Apparently the minigun is pretty beast.

15. banger1103

Jun 26, 2011
    Yeah I'm starting to use the Scout class after experimenting with the other and so far really liking the speed of the guy and the MP5. It might take a while but ima try to get the UMP. But it doesn't seem like the XP earned from achievements goes into the class XP. It only goes into the global XP right? Or I must be mistaken but I swear I didn't see the achievement XP go into the class XP

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yep, you're right. My mistake, sorry about that. The global xp ranks up skills and handguns I think.

17. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Haven't gotten minigun yet. Only saw it in one game so far. Did manage to kill that player a lot though. It makes an awesome noise.

18. banger1103

Jun 26, 2011
    Yeah but that kinda sucks. Would like to know from the devs if that's an intentional design cause getting 100,000 XP from just matches is kinda absurd if you wana get the better guns. I feel like making achievemt XP part of the class XP would help it a lot. Right now it kinda feels like I hit a pay wall if I want to get one of the better guns in the game. Anyone else feel this way? Gives more of an incentive to pursue the achievements as well

19. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    It's like we're the same guy :p Exactly my opinions

20. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    I agree with the Pocketgamer review - while the other Modern Combat games may be good for people who can't go 10 minutes without playing COD, Trigger Fist is actually suited for iOS and workes brilliantly as an iPhone game in its own right; Modern Combat is just a 'port' [read: clone] of Call of Duty that you're better off playing on any console near you.