I can't find games that hook me much

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by spader623, Jun 14, 2014.

1. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    I like bigger meatier games like battle heart: legacy and infinity blade, but I get bored fast it seems. I love games like wolf among us and lone wolf, where your choices affect the story. Honestly, my favorite game currently is dungeonism. Can someone recommend me some games? And i can return the favor for anyone who asks. Thanks guys. Also, iPhone only please.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wasnt Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic updated for the smaller screens as well? Cos that seems to be a good fit to what you are looking for.

Then there's The World Ends With You, Bard's Tale, and Lili. There are more,but im not really sure of what you are looking for

3. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Ghost trick u coul reaaaaally get addicted to
    One of my fav ios games

4. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    Anything good I suppose. Any genre. As for what you recommended, I can't really get into KOTR. It's just kinda meh I suppose. Maybe it gets better as I go along though? I played the world ends with you on ds, I've actually never played lili. How is that? And same with bards tale. How's that? And at the second person, I've beat ghost trick. GREAT game.

5. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Games that will grab you and are worth every penny:-

Knights of the old Republic
    Dragon Quest VIII
    Baldur's Gate 2

6. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    KOTR I didn't like, dragon quest I've heard is extremely Grundy so that's kinda meh and that last one is iPad only isn't it?

7. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Try Space Miner, I Dig It, Battleheart, Shake Spears, King's League: Odyssey.

8. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Just to account for personal taste and games you may have already played, I hope you don't mind if I give a large list.

868-Hack
    Cardinal Quest 2
    Device 6
    Devil's Attorney
    Game Dev Story
    I Dig It
    Isle of Bxnes
    King Cashing
    King's League
    Mines of Mars
    Oceanhorn
    Out There
    QuestLord
    Rimelands
    Shadow Sun
    Sorcery!
    Warhammer Quest
    Wayward Souls

They're all games that provide a decent amount of content and hooked me from the start. I have noticed that I flit between games often so hopefully my tastes are similar to yours. I've tried to keep it to iPhone only games but I have trouble remembering as I only have iPads, sorry if I missed any! I'll update with more suggestions when I'm in less of a rush :)

9. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    #9 spader623, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
    I don't like most of them to be honest, but some definintly appeal to me like sorcery and devils attorney. Thanks for the suggestions. Btw, idk if anyone else has had this happen to them, but it seems like I have less space then I should... Idk why...

10. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Your problem is, you're playing on the wrong platform to enjoy 'meatier' games. iOS has great games, but not all can grab your attention for long periods... especially on a small display like the iPhone. PC is where it's at.

11. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    True, that's very true, but for reasons that Are easier to not explain, my PC time is very limited. And iPhone is just convenient with cheap games. I love my other systems but I just feel like there's some amazing game I'm missing. Like the room. That game drew me in, I loved it and even though I was horrible, it was amazing.

12. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    #12 SherlockEB, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
    There is Ghost Trick and if you haven't played before FF 6 is one of the best out there.
    I would also recommend Republique.

13. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    Played ghost trick and loved it, final fantasy isn't really my kind of game: the battle system's always seem too simple, as opposed to something like radiant historia's or SMT 4's. I'm actually currently playing republique. It's a bit annoying at times but I enjoy it.

14. Rennerd

Rennerd Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
    PC master race!

15. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    Thanks for the suggestions so far guys. I'm actually a big fan of adventure games. Some examples may be broader like republique and the wolf among us, or spcefic like broken age or point and click ones. Anyone know of any good ones for iPhone?

16. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Well PC and consoles is where its at. Sure every now and then an awesome IOS game comes out that can and will hold your attention for a long time but nothing like Watch Dogs, AC Black Flag, or Dead Rising 3 on xbox one can do. I kind of go back and forth like really into my iPad games then switch and will be into a new xbox one game so just try to find some middle ground.

17. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    I posted my response to this already, but I'll say it again: for reasons that It's easier not to explain, my PC time is very limited, and dark souls 2 is my current obsession. So, I usually play my other console, wii u, and handhelds and iPhone. But iPhone has cheap, and occasionally awesome games, plus I have a $100 gift card from my friend, hence why I'm asking on here. I just enjoy the simpler side I suppose. Plus games like republique and lone wolf aren't on consoles and I kind of love those games.

18. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Inner world, machinarium ,

19. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    FTL!! Want replay value and awesomeness? There ya go.. If you want a quick fix boson x is the shi......

20. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    No iPad.