★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
08-13-2013, 11:04 AM
#21
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTopGames View Post
There is an editor guide that you can access through the help menu, but it doesn't cover all features yet.

The startpos trigger is used so that you can start in the middle of a level while testing it, would be very tedious to replay the whole level each time you want to test out a new obstacle.

You will still need to complete the level without a startpos trigger to verify that it can be done before uploading it (practice mode is allowed).

Not sure what would cause that you die at the start each time. As a rule of thumb you should leave the first 10 squares or so of the level free. The character glides in from the left and if there is a block in the beginning he will collide and die right away :/

Let me know how beating the rest of the levels feels, hopefully it should start to feel more and more challenging =)
Ok I will test that now.
On I see how it works now! Thanks for the help! Btw loving it so far!
08-13-2013, 11:29 AM
#22
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,164
In the build portion of the level editor I see a bunch of weird things you can place on the top row of the page with the start position. What are these? And sorry for all the questions!!

08-13-2013, 11:36 AM
#23
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by darnoc703 View Post
In the build portion of the level editor I see a bunch of weird things you can place on the top row of the page with the start position. What are these? And sorry for all the questions!!
Np, I just enjoy talking about the game

The last page in the build tab is mostly for toggling in-game effects. An effect will be triggered when you pass its x-position, so you can place it wherever you want in height.

The top row is for block enter effects. The first button turns off all enter effects. The second one will make all blocks fall in from the top, the third will make all blocks rise from the bottom etc.

The BG and Ground buttons are for triggering color changes. You place a trigger, and then with the object selected go to edit and the second page. There you will be able to change color, fade time etc.

The last two buttons are for toggling a trail effect on the character

Let me know if you have any other thoughts/questions!
08-13-2013, 11:43 AM
#24
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTopGames View Post
Np, I just enjoy talking about the game

The last page in the build tab is mostly for toggling in-game effects. An effect will be triggered when you pass its x-position, so you can place it wherever you want in height.

The top row is for block enter effects. The first button turns off all enter effects. The second one will make all blocks fall in from the top, the third will make all blocks rise from the bottom etc.

The BG and Ground buttons are for triggering color changes. You place a trigger, and then with the object selected go to edit and the second page. There you will be able to change color, fade time etc.

The last two buttons are for toggling a trail effect on the character

Let me know if you have any other thoughts/questions!
Ok, and if I am seeing right it does the Reverse on the exit? Also, I love the creativity in the levels, like in dry out, the part when the music goes like distorted and it goes upside down and wavy like. I can just imagine endless opportunities for this game! Also when the the new levels come out are you going to add their features to the level editor? Keep up the good work!
08-13-2013, 11:45 AM
#25
Buying this in the afternoon. So the rhythm aspect, are the traps/obstacles timed to the beat so essentially you're tapping to the rhythm to avoid them?
08-13-2013, 11:54 AM
#26
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,164
Can the levels be infinite in size or do they have a limit to them?
Also is there a way to copy paste large groups of objects?
08-13-2013, 12:00 PM
#27
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by darnoc703 View Post
Ok, and if I am seeing right it does the Reverse on the exit? Also, I love the creativity in the levels, like in dry out, the part when the music goes like distorted and it goes upside down and wavy like. I can just imagine endless opportunities for this game! Also when the the new levels come out are you going to add their features to the level editor? Keep up the good work!
I build all levels with the exact same editor that is in-game. So when I add new features they will be included for everyone to use

I'm trying to add game mechanics that work together, like flipping gravity while in flymode. That adds a lot more combination and variation when creating levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Buying this in the afternoon. So the rhythm aspect, are the traps/obstacles timed to the beat so essentially you're tapping to the rhythm to avoid them?
I manually built all levels to match the music, so mostly you flow with the beat.

When building levels, each song has guidelines that are shown to help sync the level to the music. There are guidelines that match the music/instruments, and guidelines that matches the beats per minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnoc703 View Post
Can the levels be infinite in size or do they have a limit to them?
Also is there a way to copy paste large groups of objects?
The levels have a limit around 2 minutes if I remember correctly. Its mostly there to make sure that the upload/download size of a level doesn't grow to large.

Right now there is no option to copy a group of objects, but I'm already working on adding it for the next update

Last edited by RobTopGames; 08-13-2013 at 12:03 PM.
08-13-2013, 12:43 PM
#28
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,185
@darnoc703 - Just played your level Gravity Field, damn that was difficult!

Gave me an idea for a new game mode, and noticed a few things that I have to optimize, thx!
08-13-2013, 01:01 PM
#29
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTopGames View Post
@darnoc703 - Just played your level Gravity Field, damn that was difficult!

Gave me an idea for a new game mode, and noticed a few things that I have to optimize, thx!
Haha awesome thanks!
08-13-2013, 02:43 PM
#30
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,164
Just submitted my new level, Blackout, I challenge you! Mr. RobTop! to beat it!

Btw it took me around 300 attempts