★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-26-2015, 04:40 PM
Hausman Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hausman Prime View Post
Need to fix exiting app and going back in, unplayable, this is a mobile game and that seems to be quite an oversight IMO, loving the game so far though. Even though I have had to start over twice because my phone turned off before I could save. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
Hi Hausman Prime,

Great to hear you're enjoying the game! Thank you for letting us know about your issue. What iOS device and version are you running at the moment?

For future assistance you can directly contact us at support@pixelightgames.com

Cheers
02-26-2015, 08:39 PM
[QUOTE=PixelightGames;3487411]Hi dudecoolguyman! Really happy to hear you're enjoying Echo Dawn

There is currently no system in place to let you know the exact enemy that is attacking next (except making note with your memory or writing it down. I've done this on difficult battles), just the type of enemy, unless of course there is just one of that enemy such as a boss.

That can be difficult to plan attacks and defense we realize, we also feel it's part of what makes the battles challenging, fun and less predictable. Say if you have a save point loaded, trigger a battle by walking around, then fought the battle and won/lost, then without saving go to the main menu and load your save point and battled again, the monsters turn order and abilities used can be different each time!
[QUOTE]

The spin you are trying to put on this is a little concerning. First off though, I can see this game was made with some love and totally appreciate that and your presence in the forums. But your response makes me wonder if there is a programming limitation, skill wise or in the structure that makes it difficult to consider what is being requested objectively. You are getting feedback from people and it has merit. Writing the turn order down? I might be playing this on the bus. Is that really adding strategy or challenge in a meaningful way?

So, what if all attack orders were totally randomincluding my own? A challenge...but I lose the pleasure of coordinating my attacks and all the higher order strategizing that can come with it. Random effects, like critical attacks, or fails, are a different kink to throw in however...

Anyway, I'm on the fence about this game. I'll wait until I hear how the updates are.

02-26-2015, 09:27 PM
Hello Solarclipse,

This is PixeLight Games programmer.

Yea, I completely understand what you're saying. Sorry for the spin.

A way to know which monster's turn it would be was actually something we had talked about implementing because, of course, there are times where it would be nice to know if Imp A or Imp B were going after you so you can plan your strategy. The problem came when we were talking about how to do it.

We couldn't figure out a way to make it clear without making the battle field uglier. The method we were considering doing was to just put letters or numbers next to the monsters and above in the Turn Order but scrapped the idea because we thought it cluttered the battlefield too much. One of our early testers thought not having it wasn't bad because it forced you to remember the order the monsters took their turns so we just left it as is.

If you have a suggestion for a good, clean way to design it, please let us know. It is something I personally would like to see included =).
02-26-2015, 11:08 PM
Any comment on the speed?

I'm not looking for auto battle or anything like that but it does move rather slowly. In all aspects.
02-26-2015, 11:21 PM
I'm really enjoying this game so far, lots of love was put into it. Probably my one complaint is how slow the character moves in the over world; it makes it a hassle and be frustrating, especially when trying to explore.

Other than that, great game, I can't wait to tackle mods of it.
02-27-2015, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudecoolguyman View Post
Any comment on the speed?

I'm not looking for auto battle or anything like that but it does move rather slowly. In all aspects.
It does speed up once you unlock the faster modes of travel. However, if enough people think it's an issue, it is definitely something we could look into. Could add some sort of speed option in the Options page of the Menu. Of course, that would have to come after I fix this iPhone 6 bug that Hausman Prime found =P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by picohero View Post
I'm really enjoying this game so far, lots of love was put into it. Probably my one complaint is how slow the character moves in the over world; it makes it a hassle and be frustrating, especially when trying to explore.

Other than that, great game, I can't wait to tackle mods of it.

Glad to hear you're liking it =). I'm curious how far you've gotten. Exploration becomes a bit easier when you've gotten a little ways into it.
02-27-2015, 09:40 AM
I'm glad to hear you're addressing the iPhone 6 exit app/lose progress issue. I'll grab this when I know it's been fixed. Deal breaker for me. This looks really cool though.
02-27-2015, 11:05 AM
I have iphone 6+ and I still don't see any cost amounts on the cash register when trying to purchase things. I just hit buy and hope I have enough gold.
02-27-2015, 04:20 PM
Quote:
I have iphone 6+ and I still don't see any cost amounts on the cash register when trying to purchase things. I just hit buy and hope I have enough gold.
Hi dudecoolguyman,

I have been informed the issue regarding cost amounts on the cash register has been addressed in the upcoming patch. The patch is currently under review by Apple and we are awaiting their approval. The iPhone 6 home button bug is still being worked out.

Thanks for your feedback.
02-27-2015, 07:53 PM
I'm posting a play through of the first part on youtube. I'm going to keep it going as much as I can find time. Lots of different play-style potential so your party may differ.

http://youtu.be/ehQ82R6ZINE

YouTube Let's Play; Echo Dawn with nitewatch.

Last edited by Merlin; 03-01-2015 at 12:34 AM.