★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
07-11-2015, 01:41 PM
The translation from the boardgame is just perfect with challenges as an extra and worth every penny. M.p. Is coming in the future. Furthermore there is a detailed high score list, often neglected in board game adaptions. I'm very happy with the game and would have paid easely 10 to 15 for it. I almost forgot to mention the excellent A.I.
07-11-2015, 02:48 PM
The proce is too high without the MP

07-11-2015, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponggy View Post
The proce is too high without the MP
7 bucks is too expensive for a high quality game that will get multi-player? Wow, stick a fork in premium games. We don't deserve nice things.
07-11-2015, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klink View Post
7 bucks is too expensive for a high quality game that will get multi-player? Wow, stick a fork in premium games. We don't deserve nice things.
Maybe it sad, but not all of us american, my economy is different and i guess the approach for value of my money is different also
07-12-2015, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klink View Post
Agreed, considering the board game costs at least four times as much.
07-12-2015, 02:51 AM
FYI - This is currently unplayable on iPhone 6 plus. For $7 I expected some sort of quality control. That money could have gone elsewhere.
07-12-2015, 06:19 AM
Not finding much fun here, maybe multiplayer will change this.
07-12-2015, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeps View Post
FYI - This is currently unplayable on iPhone 6 plus. For $7 I expected some sort of quality control. That money could have gone elsewhere.
Would you care to elaborate please? The 6 plus out of all phones should be the most playable, so what is making this unplayable (for those with 6 plus considering the purchase).
07-12-2015, 07:24 AM
It's a well done app but despite this I really feel like the game itself is sort of bland. You basically pick up resources and spend them on victory points. The challenge mode is A nice twist because it changes the core mechanics but even then it's just not very compelling. Also don't think faceless mp will make this any more exciting. I'm glad I only spent 7 dollars instead of 40 though so I'm still happy with that. Great app. Good tutorial. Different ways to play the game it's Just not for me. I think euro gamers will find it a nice kicked back experience.

Here's to hoping that somebody ports lotr the card game someday. And I'm ready for through the ages later this year
07-12-2015, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponggy View Post
Maybe it sad, but not all of us american, my economy is different and i guess the approach for value of my money is different also
Its understandable you might not have the funds or would prefer to spend your money elsewhere. However just saying it's too expensive is a meaningless comment that adds nothing to the conversation.