★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
07-12-2015, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klink View Post
Its understandable you might not have the funds or would prefer to spend your money elsewhere. However just saying it's too expensive is a meaningless comment that adds nothing to the conversation.
As is this
07-12-2015, 08:38 PM
Not a very enjoyable game unfortunately, maybe just my gaming preferences.

07-12-2015, 11:38 PM
The folks at my local gaming shop are running lots of tournaments and for The last few months the people in my board gaming group have been playing this almost every Wednesday. I played the tabletop version 8-10 times and it's a well balanced and fun board game from one of the better board game companies. I think that six bucks is a fair price especially if they're promising an upgrade to multiplayer for free.
07-13-2015, 08:40 AM
It's a very simplified engine builder. For what it is, it's very good. This is a glorified filler, and there's nothing wrong with that. For those wanting a meatier engine builder, I'd recommend Agricola or Le Havre.
07-13-2015, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeps View Post
FYI - This is currently unplayable on iPhone 6 plus. For $7 I expected some sort of quality control. That money could have gone elsewhere.
I haven't found that to be the case at all.

It does drain the battery and heat up the phone a bit, but that seems to be the norm rather then the exception these days.
07-13-2015, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallPeek View Post
It's a very simplified engine builder. For what it is, it's very good. This is a glorified filler, and there's nothing wrong with that. For those wanting a meatier engine builder, I'd recommend Agricola or Le Havre.
Exactly, it's a beer and pretzel game.

Follow me at @bitGamerX for video game news and reviews.

My favorite video game genres include adventure, board, 4X, roguelike, space sims, and strategy games.
07-13-2015, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_fortunate_fool View Post
I haven't found that to be the case at all.

It does drain the battery and heat up the phone a bit, but that seems to be the norm rather then the exception these days.
There are a number of other 6 plus reviews on the App Store that also have this problem. Not sure why only some of use are affected.
07-13-2015, 10:30 PM
Not have the game yet, still on fence.

As for the (async, please) MP, if it goes down the path of Small World, you get it for free. Fingers crossed

If it goes down the path of TtR, which you are having a separate version for that, I am not buying.

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
07-14-2015, 12:49 PM
This game really need a multy player edition, other wise it not worth the money !
07-14-2015, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
Not have the game yet, still on fence.

As for the (async, please) MP, if it goes down the path of Small World, you get it for free. Fingers crossed

If it goes down the path of TtR, which you are having a separate version for that, I am not buying.
ToR was different because it came out before universal apps existed. So the iPad version has live multiplayer and the iPhone version async and live multi. But I don't remember paying extra for it.