★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-31-2017, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
Yes it was released in the West. What the Japanese call Final Fantasy Legends, everyone in the West knows as Final Fantasy Dimensions.
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/smart/ffdl/
That's not entirely true. Final Fantasy Dimensions II = Final Fantasy Legends: Toki no Suishō (never released in the West) minus the freemium bits, which they've now renamed as Final Fantasy Legends II in Japan. Otherwise it's the same game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Dimensions
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_...no_Suish%C5%8D

Last edited by Saucepolicy; 10-31-2017 at 05:30 PM.
10-31-2017, 06:35 PM
The question someone have to eventually ask : Does it support MFi controllers ?

10-31-2017, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattosai View Post
I suppose your gacha game is grand order Lawliet

on my side i'm a long time brave exvius fan (nothing to do with legends, and ffbe is more refined than this on the graphics side)

If someone play this, still interested by the mechanics (acquiring units / stuff / powers) how did they change that in this premium version.

Ty
As someone who has played Japan version and this one and also love brave exvius its super awesome I hope one day they do this to brave exvius I would gladly pay
10-31-2017, 07:32 PM
Still have an iPad Air so cant even get it,wont buy another iPad.
10-31-2017, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfyra View Post
Still have an iPad Air so cant even get it,wont buy another iPad.
Eh ?

They say iPad 2 and above.... your iPad Air is much more recent and performant than a iPad 2.

You can get the game with absolutely no worries.
10-31-2017, 08:44 PM
Love the cutscenes and story parts
Most of all the graphic style is great
Battle system is sort of a kingdom hearts style and I like that as well
You can play long or quick sessions
Its way better as a premium than a free game
10-31-2017, 09:04 PM
So do you need to play the first dimensions before this one in terms of story? And since this used to rely on free to play elements, how story heavy is this? Or are there obvious parts of the game where it drags because the game was originally just trying to make you feel weak so that you'll spend?
10-31-2017, 09:35 PM
Read the requirement properly.. it's super low. Your air will make the protagonist a superman
11-01-2017, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
Love the cutscenes and story parts
Most of all the graphic style is great
Battle system is sort of a kingdom hearts style and I like that as well
You can play long or quick sessions
Its way better as a premium than a free game
so can you confirm if this is fully premium? no IAP of any sort?
11-01-2017, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattosai View Post
I suppose your gacha game is grand order Lawliet
Guilty as charged! I don't even want to mention how much I spent on this game >_>

==========

Anyways, I'm enjoying this game quite a bit. It's actually the most "pick up and play" FF I've ever played, but that makes a lot of sense considering it used to be f2p so they had stamina bars.

Graphics and animations are beautiful. This is what I wish Kemco games would look like. The sprites are designed so they can make lots of movements/gestures, which generally is superior to the original 2D counterparts. The battle magic and skills are cool and flashy, making it a fun to play. MP recharges after each battle so you can freely use all the skills at your disposal. Music is also top notch. The UI is very intuitive and people that enjoy quick battles or more battles will definitely enjoy this.

As for the story, I can't say for sure. Pretty basic at the moment but I heard Dimensions 1 was really good with their story so we'll see if this picks up. I'm expecting a fairly long game but we'll see. Can't really put any judgement on this part yet.

Now for the cons - the game doesn't have a free roam world map. It's all nodes. However if you think about it, that makes sense for f2p since to use stamina, they can't have you doing random battles all over the place. So basically it's a map and you have nodes for battles / story missions you can choose. I would prefer a map but this is how f2p affects RPGs unfortunately. Also about over an hour in and the game is too easy at the moment, will see if it picks up. Then lastly, I know they were trying to make the menus look "classic" with the blue boxes but they end up looking cheap and ugly imo - they should just re-design them for a contemporary look.

Overall, worth the purchase. I'm going to have to keep playing to see if it holds up. So far it's pretty addictive since it's easy to pick up and play more so than an average FF game where you have to sit down and delve a good amount of time. So I'd recommend this for FF fans and casual gamer fans who don't have a lot of time. Though I still need to play more to give a 100% verdict - the quality of the story and game length are the last things I want to know.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Iron Marines / Never Gone / Steam World Heist
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag ID: 259763993580 / Fate Grand Order JPN