★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-09-2017, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
From what I gather each time I died I start completely over keeping nothing which is fine too just makes it a lot more challenging and Im guessing thats the point
I'm fine with permadeath. But I shouldn't have to start all over just because I close the app or the app closes itself for that matter.

Last edited by Reaganomics; 11-09-2017 at 07:14 PM.
11-09-2017, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaganomics View Post
I'm fine with permadeath. But I shouldn't have to start all over just because I close the app or the closes itself for that matter.
Yeah I agree with that I thought you meant upon death but just closing it shouldnt do that hope for a fix to that

11-09-2017, 07:24 PM
It just updated so maybe they fixed that issue you had with coming back to it
11-09-2017, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
It just updated so maybe they fixed that issue you had with coming back to it
It didn't. But hopefully, it's an error and not part of the game play. It updated once today. I wonder if it's stuck in a loop.
11-09-2017, 08:05 PM
Did some testing where I dropped the game a few and came back to it and it picked up where I left off
Maybe it had to do with how long it was paused or your particular phone/pad model
I’m on 6s plus for what it’s worth
I like how in this game you have to make some real quick decisions like Gauntlet that mob is closing in on you quick and say you defeat a spawner and a new sword drops you have to make a super quick decision on whether to keep one you have or go with new one sometimes I end up trading mine for a worse one haha but I love that about it
This really isn’t a bad game at all
11-09-2017, 08:21 PM
Game looks fun! But I have issues with my wrists and clicking fast and repetitive can hurt. When you use the attack can you hold it down or do you constantly have to tap to keep attacking?
11-09-2017, 08:33 PM
Wow!! Thanks so much for all the support and hype! Im glad its been fun to slay hordes of monsters. Thats really all I wanted from this game. Loads of people laughing at ridiculous item names and dying from bombs ill placed.

As for the state saving, I havent gotten it to work appropriately in an elegant way. But this game isnt over. Free updates abound! I plan to continue development with quality of life issues as well as new items, monsters, content and content and more content.

I appreciate you all being along for the ride! I promise, as long as The Scrungeon Depths entertains and betrays your joy simultaneously with uncertain floor spawns and insane deaths, know that Ill be here to continue producing content.

To the future!

-Chase
11-09-2017, 09:01 PM
Thanks Chase for stopping in! Really enjoy the game and look forward to Updates down the road
Really good work
Its got a pinch of old school its randomly generated and is loads of fun
11-09-2017, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggity Dan View Post
Game looks fun! But I have issues with my wrists and clicking fast and repetitive can hurt. When you use the attack can you hold it down or do you constantly have to tap to keep attacking?
You will be tapping away
The controls are laid out like a nes controller more or less a directional pad and two buttons
Its like Gauntlet in the fact that monsters spawn continuously until you destroy the spawner so depending on how quick you do that will determine how many times you have to tap away
Its a lot of fun it really is but lots of slaying means lots of button pushing but its a good thing in this case
Also every run is randomly generated and its perma death
11-09-2017, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseHolton View Post
Wow!! Thanks so much for all the support and hype! Im glad its been fun to slay hordes of monsters. Thats really all I wanted from this game. Loads of people laughing at ridiculous item names and dying from bombs ill placed.

As for the state saving, I havent gotten it to work appropriately in an elegant way. But this game isnt over. Free updates abound! I plan to continue development with quality of life issues as well as new items, monsters, content and content and more content.

I appreciate you all being along for the ride! I promise, as long as The Scrungeon Depths entertains and betrays your joy simultaneously with uncertain floor spawns and insane deaths, know that Ill be here to continue producing content.

To the future!

-Chase
Sounds good. The screen is atrociously stretched on my iPad and it doesn't resume on my iPad or my iPhone, so I've been approved for a refund. For $5 bucks I wasn't expecting neither of these issues. When this game is "updated" and these issues are resolved, I'll certainly get it again. Nevertheless, I wish you well on your game.