★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-07-2010, 08:38 PM
woke up and bought it!

TouchArcade Patreon - GameCenter: dyscoder -
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Price is .99
Awesome Blossom!!! Instabuy!!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80

No impressions yet?

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
09-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmonkey101 View Post
Sweet!
My thoughts exactly!
09-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Game Impressions

I think it might just suffice to say in this case, that this is pretty much exactly what was expected, nothing appears to be broken or to have gone wrong, and the app description basically sums up the experience.

So you'll know already if you want this if you've played Solomon's Keep. If you haven't, both it and this game, for the record, are highly recommended.

I should mention, there is an option to buy gold for real money. It is entirely unnecessary and in fact is one of those things where a player would only spoil the game for themselves by going that route. Still, while normally this would make the game lose a sizeable chunk of class in my eyes, in this case, where we are dealing with what is almost certainly the most consistently underpriced games in the app store, I'm more inclined to simply ignore it. In fact, were the dev to add a "donate" button instead of a game-spoiling purchasable acquisition, I'd seriously consider offering my support.

Possibly the best part of Solomon's Keep for me, were those moments when you rush into a room full of mobs knowing you are equipped to dispatch them in one glorious wave of the destructive element of your choosing. This happens a lot here. Over, and over, and over again.
09-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Gabrien, would you say they raised the bar a notch or is this a reskinned version of Keep? I know your not that far into it yet but from what you've seen so far? I'll buy either way.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
09-07-2010, 09:23 PM
is this support ipad as well? if yes, instant buy
09-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Gabrien, would you say they raised the bar a notch or is this a reskinned version of Keep? I know your not that far into it yet but from what you've seen so far? I'll buy either way.
I'll be buying this at 11:00pm sharp and let you know if he hasn't already. From what I've gathered there's a bit more variety in spells, and therefore hopefully items. The perks seem cool to have a persistent element to this survival rpg game. It reminds me of League of Legends with their persistent summoner profile. Needless to say, I think I'm going to like this game very much, my opinion may be a bit skewed by the great quality and consistent updates to SK. Mr. Raptis certainly surprised me again and again with updates that practically doubled the gameplay experience.

Favs: Bike Baron, Dungeon Hunters, 100 Rogues, Zenonias, Super Quick Hook, Tilt to Live, Puzzle Quests, Pocket RPG, Mage Guantlet
Gamecenter: riggysmalls
09-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Oh yeah, 11:PMing!
09-07-2010, 09:47 PM
oh so it's endless...?

bummer.