Universal Bug Heroes (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nekcik, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Dyelon

Dyelon Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    whaaaaat =DDD

2. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    do you need to buy IAP to enjoy this update?

and mine hasnt updated yet

3. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I think some stuff is free... Some abilities for original 3, new maps, and balancing.

4. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #2264 GodSon, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
    IMNS= My Hero!!! :D

After trying to update the one on my iPad 2, it said update no longer available. The pics in the AppStore and date is updated so it's coming...

*DIES*

5. DtheGOPkiller

DtheGOPkiller Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    I would have to kill you if I tell you.
    CA! Sunny and awesome!
    What?!?!?!

Dude me no see?!?!? Will it show up later for U.S store or what? If this is a joke I may just cry myself to sleep.

6. Dyelon

Dyelon Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    the app store won't let me update!

it keeps saying, "you own this app already" then "do you want to update?" and i click yes...

then after a few secs it says "the item you are trying to purchase is no longer available"

=-(

7. Dyelon

Dyelon Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    I would delete it and reinstall it but i dont want to lose all my unlocks...?

8. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Mine isn't showing up on the update screen either, I deleted Bug Heroes and tried to re-install from scratch (as App Store lists the version as 2.0) but am now told item I selected is no longer avaliable. I'm sure this is just flickering before it goes live solidly, which will surely happen any minute.

9. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    #2269 currymutton, Apr 14, 2011
    Keep hitting "Updates" like crazy on both iPod and iPad -- and nothing! "All Apps Are Up to Date" :mad:

Is there anyway to buy all 3 hero packs in one? (Better if we get a discount for that) I am greedy, I know.

(Imaginary) Headline on Touch Arcade "Massive flock to update Bug Heroes has torn down Apple Apps Store to a halt for 24 hours"...

10. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    No, apparently the programming for an all in on IAP was too complex.

11. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Sad to hear that... :(

BTW, I have agame ongoing, would the re-balances affect it?

12. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Installing this update will tear up any saved games; read the disclaimer at top of update description... "Note: Current save game data for individual levels will be erased after updating to prevent posting old games on the new leader boards (equipment and level unlocks will not be affected). Please make sure you've completed all of your games before updating!"

13. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    The update notes said all saved games are erased to prevent posting old games on the leaderboards. I think that means current saves not your records but i'm not sure.

14. Foursaken_Connor

Nov 8, 2010
    Unfortunately the update will delete all current save games, as the leaderboards are being reset. So if you want to finish your game, be sure to do it before you update!

15. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Got it, thanks all.

Still no update...

16. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Whew, finally out! If its not quite showing up yet, just give it a few more minutes to finish processing and it should be there.... FINALLY! :D

And I know this may piss people off, but the full game will be FREE for a limited time (starting now)! We are switching it up a bit to try to make a big push to increase the player base and downloads, and with free + IAP we hope we can get some big numbers... so if you've been on the fence, there will never be a better time to pick up Bug Heroes! Spread the word!!

Again, we just want to thank our loyal supporters so far... and we do apologize for anyone who feels "ripped off" by this free sale...

We'll be closely monitoring the thread and answering questions about the new content, so make sure to come back and post impressions, balance suggestions and issues, etc! Just keep in mind it WILL take some time to get good with some of the heroes... so we will take everything with a grain of salt for the first few days.

17. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    wow, how long til this makes front page of TA?? 2 minutes?

18. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    #2278 currymutton, Apr 14, 2011
    @Foursaken_Media Allow me to repeat but I want all 3 packs in 1 buy (and a discount!)...

19. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    This will definitely top the free games charts!

I have a quick question- on the update notes it said there will be 6 new enemies with each iAP, so how many come with the update?

20. Dyelon

Dyelon Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010

As soon as the "freeness" goes into effect, I'll post about it on my facebook to get some people into this game