★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: THERE ARE NO IN-APP PURCHASES AND NO ADVERTISEMENTS IN THIS GAME!

Contradiction is a fully interactive crime drama. Everything you see is live-action video, with real actors in atmospheric locations. You decide where to go, where to investigate, who to speak to and what to ask. As the story unfolds you'll meet new people, witness new events and discover new places.

You investigate with Inspector Jenks, who has been assigned to the case of a student found murdered in an idyllic English country village.

You meet several characters during the game, most of whom you can visit as often as you like. You can ask these characters about any item of evidence or information that you've collected along the way.

The aim (and name) of the game is to spot contradictions in what they've said. By consulting your notes and pairing together two contradictory replies, Jenks will interrogate the character and they will be forced to reveal new information, allowing you to progress further through the game.

Reveal all the contradictions to complete the game! Playing with headphones a must for a complete experience.

Contradiction is also available in HD and with added features on Steam for PC and Mac.
01-15-2015, 02:29 AM
At 19% at the moment and really enjoying it. Where is everybody else?

01-17-2015, 08:36 AM
47% now! Has anybody else got the game???
01-19-2015, 01:39 PM
Any gameplay video out there? Looks like it has potential
01-19-2015, 02:52 PM
Just trying to get some footage for you! I've completed the game now and can't believe this is not more popular! It's got 9 5 star reviews on the UK AppStore... Not sure about US!?
01-21-2015, 01:03 PM
Contradiction Gameplay

01-21-2015, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPostman View Post
YouTube: video
Thanks Mate! Looks brilliant.

Ok I've been playing this for a few hours. It's amazing! I can not say enough about it. It's very unique. The video quality is perfect & the gameplay is incredible. It's a point/click adventure mixed with reasoning & deduction. The answer or contradiction is right there in front of you but you have to sit back & think to figure it out. When you do figure out the contradiction the game continues to open up and the adventure continues. Wow!

Last edited by mzinn; 01-21-2015 at 08:52 PM.
01-22-2015, 05:50 PM
Contradiction is an awesome game

This game is amazing! I really deserves more love here in TA. The video quality is top notch. The gameplay & story are terrific. It's like playing a real life live action point & click game while adding reasoning & deduction. The live acting is very good & I'm taken by the story. As you find the contradictions the game/story opens up & you progress along. It's a very intriguing game. JollyPostman added a nice gameplay video in the comments section. It's worth checking out.
01-22-2015, 05:55 PM
It really is such an awesome game! I can't believe more people haven't played it. If you like murder mystery games, point and click adventure games or atmospheric dramas, you'll love this! As far as I can tell, every review has been 5 star so far!

Last edited by JollyPostman; 01-22-2015 at 05:57 PM.
01-22-2015, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by <<<<Samo>>>> View Post
Roughly how long did it take to complete? I get the feeling with these unique experience games that they are usually short? Still I am tempted regardless
I'm 15% complete and a few hours in. I think it will take some time to complete as you have to listen, read & make deductions based on what you know. For me at least it goes in spurts. I get 2-3 quickly then I'm going back & forth looking for the contradiction. Could I go faster? Probably but I'm having a blast taking it all in.

JollyPostman completed it so they can chime in on the time it took them.