Apple Keep Resetting my Account???

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by triggywiggy, Jul 31, 2011.

1. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Every 2-3 weeks Apple keep reseting my account.

It comes up with a message saying "Your account has been reset for security reasons". I then have to click reset. That takes me to a page were i have to type in my security question to reset.

It does this every 2-3 weeks and i don't know why....

I have never downloaded anything illegally, I have never Jailbroke and i don't get my cards illegally(Get from Target and Woolworths). So why is it that my account keeps getting reset???

Also before you say could someone be hacking it??? No because i am never missing any $$$$

It's not a huge problem it's just a bit annoying when i am downloading updates and apps....

I just changed my password so hopefully this fixes the problem.

2. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    sounds really weird, LOL.
    hope this time it fixes this.
    and, how you doing, buddy~

3. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Doing good, hope it fixes this time :confused::rolleyes:

4. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    While I don't have a security concern (yet), I've noticed that my post on iTunes have been reduced a couple of times. For example, my posts are over 410. But, twice they've reflected only 365 and 380. I only mention this because my account, too, was affected. When I complained the tech support gave me 10 song credits for the trouble. Perhaps you could ask for some kind of compensation for your troubles as you try to bring this to resolution.

5. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Who did you ask??? Im worried if i contact them it could make the situation worse to the extent that they might end up banning my account....

6. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    How many people know the email id you are using with your apple account? Someone might be trying to hack it by trying out random passwords. If you enter wrong pass too many times, apple will reset the account to make sure it doesnt get hacked.

7. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Dunno, But i will try and find out who know it :p

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #8 Vovin, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011

Yes, this looks like someone is trying to hack your account because of the resets. Someone must know your username or it is a random hack. Call the Apple support (don't worry, they don't ban you) and let them create a new user name / e-mail-adress, if you can't do it yourself. For security reasons, also change your password again.

9. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #9 ColeDaddy, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
    As Vovin stated, you can reach out to Tech Support. For US accounts, the only way I was able to track down a number to call was by locating the number via Google because the tech support number wasn't so obvious. If I remember, there was a number posted on the Apple site, but it wasn't directly to tech support. It may have changed by now, I'm not sure...You can also submit you're problem online. They're good about getting back to you within a business day or two.

Since I've entered the iUniverse, I've experienced nothing but stellar support for the handful of complaints/problems I submitted. Ten song credits may be a lot in comparison to what I've spent, but, its an acceptable salve that helps the discomfort dissipate a lot faster along with getting the problem solved by a professional and courteous support staff.