Thor: The Dark World (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheMerc, Jul 21, 2013.

1. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    #1 TheMerc, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2013
    Source:
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=83767

According to this source, this game will be released in November (set to coincide with the movie's release), will have multiplayer and will feature over 100 missions and an original story. There are no further gameplay details, so I'm guessing the type of gameplay this'll have is still up in the air (action game, endless runner or, god forbid, city building).

2. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Huh, sounds interesting, at least. Hopefully Gameloft doesn't take their FTP tack with this one.

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    City builders don't have "missions" in the traditional sense, nor to infinite runners. I think it's safe to say that this is an actioner, probably a beat em up.

4. Meslomeslo

Meslomeslo Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2013
    this game look good. i like gameloft games.

5. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Open world please.
    Come GL, DO IT!

6. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Regardless of whether they have "traditional missions", both genres contain numerous games which claim that they have missions. Pretty much every endless runner since jetpack joyride has had objectives that are frequently called missions. I'm not saying I think this game will fall into that category, just that the statement about the presence of missions doesn't clarify the genre.

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Oh absolutely, but an endless runner or city builder doesn't usually promote itself by a large number of missions (by the way, 100 is nothing to brag about for a runner) - that's something an action oriented game would tend do.

Regardless, I can't stand Thor so I'm not too excited about the licensing. And it is a movie tie-in...

Edit: the multiplayer feature tends to support further a non-runner type game.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    THere's still a big possibility of this being an endless runner. Problem is that there are endless runners with hundreds of missions, and recently there have been runners with a bit of multiplayer. Iron Man 3 is a greedfest endless runner with hundreds of missions, and with a slew of multiplayer runners out there, who's to say Gameloft isnt gonna integrate one in it.

Regardless, i do not want this to be a runner of any sort... Not even the Captain America type of runner.

Like you said, it's a movie tie-in, so it'll probably just be an inferior clone of one of their games.

I hope it'd be like TDKR though. It would at least be decent.

I cant even process the thought of this being a city builder.

9. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    I hope its openworld.

10. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I can't see multiplayer in a city builder nor endless runner (at least not in the multiplayer I'm thinking of). I hope it's an interesting game.

11. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    I hope...we get more information so we can stop going on about what we're hoping.

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nice thanks. If it is, that'd be good. Like I said, a TDKR clone wouldnt be too bad for a Thor game.

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah i know what you mean. Multiplayer runners lying about are basically racing games, but not good at being multiplayer games. As far as town builders going multiplayer, I think there's tons of MMO type of town builders, but i've never played any one of them, except the Mage War which was browser based, text based and was pretty old.

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    So a clone of a clone.

15. Well, I see this as an actioner like TASM or TDKR, though my previous predictions for Gameloft games have been wrong (like Epic and Iron Man 3)

16. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    #16 italodance, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
    looks fun but need more info

17. San

San Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Marketing Group Manager, Global. Gameloft HQ
    Paris
    hey guys

it's not an endless runner.
    It's a top-view Hack n' slash.

The trailer that was broadcast during comic-con by Marvel will be published later today on Gameloft's Youtube channel

So stay tuned ;)

18. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Thanks for that info San.
    Much appreciated.

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Top down as in Zombiewood? Interesting. Thanks for the info.

20. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Sounds a bit like that first Thor game.