iPhone The Silent Age (Point-and-click adventure)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by House on Fire team, Aug 14, 2012.

1. House on Fire team

Aug 10, 2012
    Indie games company
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Hi, we're House on Fire, a Copenhagen based indie developer. We're proud to announce our upcoming second title, The Silent Age episode 1, the first part of a minimalistic 2D point-and-click adventure game designed exclusively for tablets.

[​IMG]

The adventure takes you back and forth between present day 1972 and an unsettling future in 2012. In the game you dive into the role of an average Joe, whose dead end attendant job is all the action he needs. One day while he’s doing his job cleaning an office building he finds a mysterious dying man who seems to come out of nowhere. The man explains Joe that something is about to go wrong which will have catastrophic influences in the future. Before he dies he hands Joe a portable time travel device and tells Joe that the fate of humanity lies in his hands!

Gameplay
    Joe has a time travel device which allows him to travel between the present and 40 years in the future. He stays in the same spot during time travel, but the surroundings will have changed greatly. Rooms that are inaccessible in the present may be accessible in the future and vice versa. Items can be transported across time, and puzzle solving usually involves using items from one point in time to solve puzzles in another.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

We're currently in the process of bugfixing, building and submitting The Silent Age Episode 1 for the App Store. You can follow our progress on Facebook.

Attached Files:

2. biancamol

biancamol Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Digital Marketing
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    very nice! I'll like your page on Facebook cause I want to hear about this game later.

great graphics.... and I need to say something: at first I thought Joe was Freddie Mercury heheh

good luck with the game!

3. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Looks interesting, but I am always wary of buying episodic games. It seems like if a game doesn't do well, the remaining episodes are never released.
    That being said, how many total episodes will there be?

4. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Will be following your progress on Facebook as it appears to be a great concept

5. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Looks great so far; looking forward to seeing more as soon as possible. Any chance new "episodes" will be in-app? :)

6. House on Fire team

Aug 10, 2012
    Indie games company
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Hi guys

Thanks for the positive feedback. Glad you like it.

So far, 3 episodes are planned, and of course they will be in-app. It makes the most sense, you wouldn't want to end up with 3 separate icons on your home screen :)

/Uni