Best 99 cent game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by medianotzu, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I know, it's Battle for Wesnoth since that's on sale at the moment, and I know about Tilt to Live, Bit Pilot, Solomon's Keep, and Angry Birds. And I just got like 4 new TD games, so I'm pretty tapped out in that department. But otherwise, give me a 99 cent recommendation, if you would.

2. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Cross Fingers, Doodle Jump, Jelly Car 2.

3. txag2005

txag2005 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    If you like RPG's you might want to look at Crusade of Destiny. It's rough around the edges, but it's a pretty fun 3D RPG. I've been playing that nonstop for a few days now (I'm playing right now actually). It's only $.99 and I've easily put in over a dozen hours already

4. kalke

kalke Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Yes i would also recommend Crusade of Destiny if you like RPG's.

Also Palm Heroes which is a must-buy, if you have played heroes.

5. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Oh, and ZombieSmash is on sale and worth to get.

6. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I actually already have Crusade of Destiny and Palm Heroes.

I should have also mentioned Doodle Jump--played it for 5 minutes once, and deleted it.

I have another tangram game too, which made me realize I don't really like tangrams... :-/

And I have never enjoyed a castle defense game.

Thanks for all the suggestions regardless. Anyone have another?

7. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Battle of the Puppets (the sheer artwork alone is worth the price of admission)
    Spirit (cool and atmospheric)

8. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    Cross Fingers isn't a tangrams game, it's a really interesting multitouch slider puzzle; grab the lite version and try it out, I was skeptical at first too.

One Way Home is a really neat multitouch platformer where your figers or thumbs serve as the character's feet, again there's a lite version to try out to see if you like it.

Coins! is a really fun Peggle/Pachinko type game, balls bouncing off of pegs and whatnot, with awesome level design and retro graphics.

9. MikeV

MikeV Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    sub-contracting
    VT
    Critical Wave is a a very polished Dual-stick shooter, ive played the genre to death and this is the only one that remains on my phone..

Monster RPG is 99 if its still on sale, favorite turn-based in the app store so far, surprisingly strategic in comparison to other turn based grind fests.

Or you could just get Piyo blocks, been on my phone longer than any other app, its the best of its kind BY FAR

10. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG