Ipod Broken Please Help

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Andgut, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Andgut

Andgut Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    canada
    I have a 1 year old 1st gen ipod touch and the home button stopped working. The button has collapsed and wont work at all. I didn't press it in hard or anything it was working fine and then didn't pop back up. The ipod is over 1 year so I think it is not under warranty. Is there any way to get this fixed or have apple replace it or is it time to buy a new one?

2. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    If your out of warranty most of the time it's just easier/cheaper to get a new device. amazon and target have some descent deals on 8gb ipod touch.

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I personally would get a new one, since the hardware the recent games demand is getting higher each week, but I'm still sure that Apple will help you out if you take it to the store. Either that, or you can jailbreak it and get a virtual home button, or a swipe option.

The 8 gb model is second generation, just fyi.

4. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    i like that idea virtual home button

5. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    with the latest hardware updates. you would have a hard time playing any of the new games to come out. probably gonna be cheaper to buy a new ipod im afraid. i have a generation 2.. im gonna have to buy a generation 4 when it comes out.

chris.

6. Themagictouch

Themagictouch Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    hope i could help you decide :D

7. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    heh themagic. im new to this ipod/iphone thing. i just got this one three months ago.. i do not know how i lived with out it. my little sister kept trying to get me to update but i was like why my ipod plays music just fine. then i seen apples commercial enough time i had to try it. glad i did.

when do you think gen 4 will come out? is it ussaly during the spring or fall?

chris.

8. Themagictouch

Jul 14, 2009
    around september next year for the ipod touch and june for the iphone is what i heard

9. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
  10. Themagictouch

Jul 14, 2009
    oh well amazon is a lying jerk alright sorry for the mix up

11. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    wow sept. i guess i have a few months to save my pennies. laughs. i would consider a iphone but i have zero need for a cell phone. im the type of person if you want me come to my door. im 35 and its worked so far. laughs

chris.

12. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I had this problem and the apple people helped me so thats ur best choice, but u can also search up utube vids on how to open up ur iPod. Dont get a new iPod imo, u should wait for a 4th gen if u have the patience

13. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    There was also another guy who encountered this problem and made a thread about it last week.

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Only one year old?

Hm... in Germany, you have two years of warranty for nearly everything that's not food or else, especially electronic devices.