Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-23-2014, 03:40 AM

Default CastleAbra: A Dark Comic Fantasy for iPad

Old 06-24-2014, 04:51 AM

Took a chance on this and very glad I did. It has hours of great classic-style point and click adventuring, that I could best compare to "Shadowgate" (one of my NES favorites) in its gameplay, but with a twisted fantasy sense of humor instead of a dark adventure vibe. I like how the game (much like Shadowgate) focuses on object/interaction in which you have to find items and figure out how you can use them to advance, vs the many puzzle-heavy type adventure games you find these days. I thought I'd post this very brief review because I think this game would be enjoyed by many and deserves some attention.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:35 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Im not sure about the game yet but I think Ill buy it later... I was reading the devs blog
and they have a comic there.. with the story about how they made the game... I liked it, sounds real...
Old 06-24-2014, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rseller1 View Post
Took a chance on this and very glad I did. It has hours of great classic-style point and click adventuring, that I could best compare to "Shadowgate" (one of my NES favorites) in its gameplay, but with a twisted fantasy sense of humor instead of a dark adventure vibe. I like how the game (much like Shadowgate) focuses on object/interaction in which you have to find items and figure out how you can use them to advance, vs the many puzzle-heavy type adventure games you find these days. I thought I'd post this very brief review because I think this game would be enjoyed by many and deserves some attention.
Hi (Developer here). I'm glad you picked up on the Shadowgate influence. It's my favorite adventure game and CastleAbra is my tribute to it.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardo View Post
Hi (Developer here). I'm glad you picked up on the Shadowgate influence. It's my favorite adventure game and CastleAbra is my tribute to it.
Ah, that makes sense - you definitely nailed it, and I hope you decide to make more of these games.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:38 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I'll give it a shot too. Normally I'm not into adventure games, but this looks funny enough to make an exception. Nice artstyle, looks like you nailed the comedic take on things. That's what won me over
Old 06-25-2014, 07:07 PM

Thanks for the nice words people. The iPhone version came out today. I'm happy people are enjoying the game.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:49 PM

Hey guys. The game is 99 cents for a limited time!