Super Juicy 1.3

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by GregH, Oct 30, 2009.

1. GregH

GregH Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Ok I'm not sure if this qualifies as a new game but we've got a major update to Super Juicy coming and it has 3 new gameplay modes, new front end menus, more levels for the 'classic' mode and various other improvements. We made a new promo video for this update which you can watch here:

2. lvillalt99

lvillalt99 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I am having a lot of fun with the current version, but can't wait for the update!

Great job on this GregH.

3. KindSir

KindSir Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Rad ball effects. That video reminds me of a flashy bubble wrap simulator.

4. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    What is going on starting about 1:14? Is this some sort of combo bonus for sticking to one fruit?

5. iPhoneGlobs

iPhoneGlobs Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Software Developer
    #5 iPhoneGlobs, Oct 31, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
    Nice vid can't wait for the update. Still working on level 14 but i haven't put too much time into it yet. I think it's valid to start a new thread for your update. I did it for other games before unless they got more strict on that type of thing. Ok now I'm on 21.

6. GregH

GregH Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    That is showing the new 'chain' scoring system for bonus levels. The score goes up for each bubble that is popped within a certain amount of time and without any misses. I made a new game mode that is all bonus levels and the old scoring system just didn't have enough variation based on player skill. You can get huge scores in bonus levels now if you're very accurate and quick.

7. GregH

GregH Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Cool, Super Juicy got another review today: enuhskigames

Best quote: "One. of. my. favorite. games. EVER. It's bubble wrap in Technicolor. "

Still waiting on the review process for the update....

8. GregH

GregH Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Super Juicy Lite 1.3 was released today! You can check it out to see the re-skinned front end.

9. GregH

GregH Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Horray! The full version of Super Juicy 1.3 was finally released today! I don't see it in my updates list but its in the app store now.

Here are the update notes:

This is a MASSIVE update to Super Juicy!
    Thanks to LordGek, JanB, Devilishly Good and many other members of the Touch Arcade forum for help and feedback while building this update!

- Completely overhauled the front end, behold the awesomeness!
    - New 'Action' game mode which is a 'time-attack' style game.
    - New 'Bonus' game mode which is also time-attack with a set of bonus levels.
    - New 'Chaos' game mode which is unlimited but has a high degree of difficulty
    - Multi-Touch support!
    - Streamlined the UI for re-playing a level or game (you can just 'try again' right away now)
    - Bonus levels now have a higher potential for scoring if you string many accurate pops together.
    - Improved and loosened the bubble hit detection to make it easier to hit fast moving bubbles
    - Added new achievements
    - New 'clock' bubble for the time-attack modes, this extends your play time.
    - Updated to the new version of Agon with support for multiple user profiles.
    - Improved 'timer' bar on the in game screen.
    - Fixed an exploit in the win screen.
    - many other fixes and improvements.