Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. ElkhoundsRock

ElkhoundsRock Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Hockey
    Canada
    Well from global events I'm with toucharcade flight crew like most of us.

Thx I will try that because I also have London and Honolulu I didn't say that so I still make some good profit but I'll try what you do.

2. ElkhoundsRock

Jul 20, 2012
    Hockey
    Canada
    And for me I don't need Caracas because I can fly from Miami to Rio

3. Pilotjens

Pilotjens New Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Yes I'm only level 14 you know, is it good to do same plane upgrades on my pearjet already?

4. ElkhoundsRock

Jul 20, 2012
    Hockey
    Canada
    #5924 ElkhoundsRock, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
    Yup fully upgrade it then buy London then you can do London-Rio flights

Your profit will skyrocket but you need to make sure that you fill the plane for the 25% bonus every time

O yea for rio-London or vice versa buy Lagos you only make 1000 per trip with aero eagles if you go rio-Miami-NY-London

5. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    Blimps and seaknights are some of the special aircraft you get as prizes from participating in Global Events.

6. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Anyone considering doing the achievements like sending 100 passengers to Honolulu, be aware that if you close Honolulu at any point you will lose your progress toward that achievement. I was at 78 passengers and then closed Honolulu and now I'm starting over lol
    So just a heads up, if you want the achievement then make sure you finish it before you close the airport for whatever reason.

7. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    #5927 coastcat, Aug 7, 2012
    New York and Moscow are both closed right now. Since I'm running LA-NY-Tehran-Shanghai for money (and Space Camp), and feeding into Moscow for the Norilsk Chick-Con, I might have to put down the iPhone and do something useful for a little while...

232 jobs, currently ranked #43. Not a popular event.

NimbleBit regularly adds floors, achievements, and other tweaks to Tiny Tower to keep us addicted. I hope they'll do that for this game as well.

8. ElkhoundsRock

Jul 20, 2012
    Hockey
    Canada
    I got that achievement a while ago but when I get my class 3 planes (I'm level 18) I was gonna maybe close Honolulu but if I close it will I lose the achievement?

9. ElkhoundsRock

Jul 20, 2012
    Hockey
    Canada
    Like with planes? I hope so

10. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    They are killing me with the airport outages this morning (and last night) ... someone is looking over my shoulder to see which airports I rely on and closing them. I'm convinced of that! LOL. I'm up to 332 jobs, ranked #18.

11. ElkhoundsRock

Jul 20, 2012
    Hockey
    Canada
    I know right now I can't get over the atlantic because they closed NY

12. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    Sorry I couldn't answer your question the first time around, I just wasn't sure what you were asking with the limited information you provided. LOL. Thanks for providing a list of your current fleet, this gives us a better understanding of where you are in the game. :)

Which airports do you own and what is your main route?

I've never liked the planes that carry an odd number of cargo (such as Pearjet or Equinox), I would try to phase those out. The Pearjet is expensive to fly, you need to make sure it's full of P/C going to the same destination for the 25% bonus to make a good profit. The AeroEagle & Equinox can make the flight across the Atlantic, so you really don't need to keep the Pearjets for this purpose.

As you level up, you should phase out your Mohawks & Kangaroos for larger planes but KEEP these planes around in your hangar cuz they're great for shuttling P/C to class 1 flight crew event cities. Keep the rare planes like SeaKnight/Blimp for flight crew events also. All four of these planes are relatively cheap to fly. You'll eventually move towards owning mostly class 3 airports, these smaller planes just won't be able to make the distance, so they're better for shuttling between smaller airport to nearby larger airport.

13. ElkhoundsRock

Jul 20, 2012
    Hockey
    Canada
    #5933 ElkhoundsRock, Aug 7, 2012
    Thanks I already removed my class 1 planes and I really don't know what my main route is I'll give you a list of airports right now

Honolulu, LA, Dallas, Detroit, NY, Miami, Rio, London.

I sold my class 1 airports last night.

Btw I'm level 18 now last night I was 17 so no mo confusion

14. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    #5934 Faye Valentine, Aug 7, 2012
    The game really picks up and becomes less of a grind at that level. :)

I'd swap Detroit for Chicago, if you really want an airport between LA & NY. Chicago is much larger, giving you a bigger job pool.
    I have LA, NY, & Chicago ... it means my Sequoia can make the hop from Chicago to London/Paris, bypassing NY if it happens to have a closure. I keep both London & Paris even though they're right next to each other cuz it has come in handy when one or the other is closed, and my flights can continue without too much interruption.
    Edited to add: You will need the Sequoia, Cyclone, Cloudbuster (or 1x upgraded Tetra) before you can bypass London and make the hop from NY to Paris.

I don't see the need for Miami. Your AeroEagle & PearJet can make the hop from NY to Rio.

15. itschriscollins

itschriscollins Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Finally sorted out my 'only-sequoia' set-up after fudging everything on Fogbusters and buying all the wrong airports. I stopped playing for a few days because it was just too much to sort out. But, now it's up and running with a stable job pool (actually increases very gradually at my hubs) I'm pulling in at least 500k coins and around 250 bux a day. That's without checking it constantly (every 2 or 3 hours waiting for 2or 3 job refreshes each time) and I never bother to pick up bux that aren't going to my final 25% bonus. Doing the events as well with two sequioas and a sea knight/blimp combo to keep it interesting. Reckon once I hit level 30 and have a nice chunk of unspent cash, bux and plane slots I'll just start only doing events; I need to plan for the C-130 army!

16. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    You should be fine to close it now, my game center still shows I'm at 78% it just will not progress until I deliver another 78+ jobs. Annoying but not a big deal:)

17. fabytm

fabytm Active Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Timisoara, Romania
    I'm level 14 now, started in North America and now I got a Pearjet which I fully upgraded in order to be able to get to London!

My fleet looks like this now:
    1x Navigator C
    1x Navigator M
    1x Wallaby P
    1x Griffon C
    1x Airvan M
    1x Kangaroo M
    1x Birchcraft M
    1x Pearjet M

Should I get rid of any of them?(I will most probably get rid of the griffon!)

I also got rid of all my Class 1 Airports!

Now, my question is, why do all guys say that having C/P is better than having M planes?I like the M ones because I am able to fill them much easier!Is there any sort of drawback for having more M planes than C/P planes?

18. Tigerstriker

Tigerstriker Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Ami stupid?

Well after reading through a few posts I found out that the less the airports sometimes the better :eek: anyways to my story
    So I had a ]{#^load of airports but most of them were like Tehran and then Cairo and Jakarta which made my planes fly off course from a straight line
    So anyway I sold all my airports which was about 200k :eek: I feel really stupid but I was wondering is it better in the long term? Now my only airports are Seoul Tokyo shanghai Dhaka deli and a line all the ways to London which goes To America

19. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Start scrapping & buying the smaller planes until your domestic fleet is all Kangaroos and Birchcrafts. Mohawks are handy when you have events in isolated Class 1 airports (like the current event in Norlisk).

I felt kinda sad ditching my loyal little Wallabys and Navigators. I got over it. :p

20. Juggafish718

Juggafish718 New Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Has anyone else caught a plane flying upside down?