Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-17-2013, 05:12 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyKitty View Post
Thank you for that [including female protagonists].
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
+1, now that I have a daughter it's nice to see strong female role models when I can find them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephala View Post
I am glad she sees the females as equal fighters and not helpless maidens in distress.
It's great to see the positive feedback concerning our female heroes.

And in regard of female role models with a strong mind and personality, you might enjoy Kingturn Plus and Kingturn Underworld even more.

In Kingturn Plus the Paladin Belayne is the key character in many battles, and story-wise she stakes her territory as the Captain of the 5th Royal Company from the very first moment.

And the necromancer Juliet in Kingturn Underworld ... well, let's just say she is in a league of her own.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:38 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

2 more days...

"Fan favorite" X-com Enemy Unknown is also coming out the same day, that one will be a 2GB compressed download costing $19.99 featuring much fewer missions than any other platform it's on (as X-com is a cross platform port)... Kingturn Plus, at $3.99, couldn't ask for better competition among SRPG fans looking for a full tactical experience with plentiful content and a mobile device friendly interface. Years ago if someone told me I'd shrug off a X-com game in favor of any other brand I'd never have believe it but the Kingturn series games are modern day classics.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:44 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
2 more days...

"Fan favorite" X-com Enemy Unknown is also coming out the same day, that one will be a 2GB compressed download costing $19.99 featuring much fewer missions than any other platform it's on (as X-com is a cross platform port)... Kingturn Plus, at $3.99, couldn't ask for better competition among SRPG fans looking for a full tactical experience with plentiful content and a mobile device friendly interface. Years ago if someone told me I'd shrug off a X-com game in favor of any other brand I'd never have believe it but the Kingturn series games are modern day classics.
Couldn't agree more! While I can't wait to play Kingturn Plus on Wednesday night, I don't even think I'll grab XCOM...
Old 06-18-2013, 11:58 AM

As I deleted Warhammer Quest for being a repetitive overly easy mess I couldn't help but wonder how much more competent a Warhammer video game would have been in the hands of developers like Mangobile. It's a shame to see some inferior turn based strategy games get more attention instead of the quality that is in the Kingturn series releases. At best games like Warhammer Quest might be a "gateway drug" to introduce new users to deeper more compelling SRPGs like Kingturn Plus.

This makes me that much more curious to see what Mangobile's next project is; although if Kingturn Underworlds is coming to iOS in September or October (yeah!) so it might be some time.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:19 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

^^^^^ +1. WQ is nowhere near as much fun as Kingturn.

Really getting excited for this release now. I know im guarenteed many hours of serious gameplay alongside a charming story with great characters.

So many releases but so many fail to have compulsive gameplay alongside a well written story with protagonists you actually end up caring about. This is what distinguishes the classics from the also ran's in the RPG genre imo.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:56 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
This makes me that much more curious to see what Mangobile's next project is
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred447uk View Post
^^^^^ +1. WQ is nowhere near as much fun as Kingturn.
And there I thought how lucky I was to be just an indie developer, and no one having high expectations anyway.

Well, I guess it's best to actively involve you guys in some of the design decisions of the Kingturn successor. Then there are less people who can blame us afterwards .

Last edited by niebau; 06-19-2013 at 06:46 PM..
Old 06-20-2013, 06:25 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
... couldn't help but wonder how much more competent a Warhammer video game would have been in the hands of developers like Mangobile...
For "Kingturn 2014" Mangobile will buy out the WHQ art team, and give us the great Kingturn gameplay and story with WHQ-level graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by niebau View Post
Well, I guess it's best to actively involve you guys in some of the design decisions of the Kingturn successor
You know where to find us great idea, by the way.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:54 AM

Now that Kingturn Plus is out and this upcoming thread is likely to be locked by moderators here's a link to the Kingturn Plus thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=193610

Also, here's an upcoming thread for Kingturn Underworld:http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=193675
Old 06-20-2013, 08:10 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheinfell View Post
For "Kingturn 2014" Mangobile will buy out the WHQ art team, and give us the great Kingturn gameplay and story with WHQ-level graphics
I like the sound of it .

Or even better ...
- Brandon Sanderson and Joe Abercrombie write the story together
- I license Kingturn 2 to Rodeo Games for an insolent price and let them do all the work
- You guys (TouchArcade members) supervise the whole development process to make sure they don't do anything foolish
- And I pay a visit to Far Far Away in the meantime

How does that sound?

This thread is closed soon, right?
I really hope so