Mo' Monsters - A Pokemon + Streetfighter mashup game!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by rumpus, Aug 28, 2012.

1. rumpus

rumpus Active Member

Jul 18, 2012
    San Francisco, California
    #1 rumpus, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
    *Mo' Monsters is in the App Store! Thanks everyone for your support, we're excited for you all to play the game!*
    Did we mention you can win free gems? We have a contest going until Tuesday, and it's easy to win so you might as well try it out...

[​IMG]
    *Like and Follow us! Even monsters need love every now and then...*

[​IMG]

Rumpus is excited to announce our newest upcoming game, Mo Monsters. Mo Monsters is an exciting, fully-animated turn-based RPG with strategic elements! You, the player, are on an adventure to fight awesome monsters and restore balance to the mythical land of Noru. Along the way you complete quests, battles, and capture monsters; think of it as a cross between Pokemon and Street Fighter. The game includes:
    • Awesome graphics with cute and fierce monsters from every element - Water, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Air!
    • Exciting, fully-animated battle sequences
    • Tons of monsters to collect and quests to complete
    • An epic, evolving storyline
    • Strategically collect, battle, and evolve your monsters to level up and win matches
    • Fresh twists to reward features, like randomly generated battles and a slot machine

2. popblanks

popblanks Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    The evil rock lord invades the monster training school with his heavily armed gargoyles. The small yeti-like monster stands up to fight the rock dude :p

3. rumpus

rumpus Active Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Haha keep guessing... you're on the right track! Anyone else have any guesses?

4. BrandonBytes

BrandonBytes Member

Aug 20, 2012
    A chemical explosion in the building turns monsters into huge mutants, and the white furry yeti monster is way scared!

5. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Looks awesome. I wanna have this game now :(

6. steherbanie

steherbanie Member

Aug 20, 2012
    The big scary rock guy is trying to take the little dude's lunch money, and he's like "NO WAY MAN", so he's mad and now his backup is flying in to start a huge fight. (But I think the little dude will win).

7. maverick23

maverick23 Member

Jul 18, 2012
    I agree - I need another awesome monster battle game to get interested in!

8. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Not just monster battles, the story sounds epic. :D, well how I'm picturing the story in my head. Could be a tottally different story, who knows.

9. maverick23

maverick23 Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Yep the story looks sweet too - can't wait to see if they release more comic panels like the one in the post.

10. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    I can't wait either, hopefully they give us more screenshots, not just one.

11. rumpus

rumpus Active Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Hey guys, thanks for all the enthusiasm! We're going to be releasing another screenshot at the end of the week, so keep your eyes peeled :)

12. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    That's a long time to wait ahhh, but I must wait. ;). Hey by the way, how much progress of completion is the game almost done. Lmao, tried to get you toungue tied.

13. rumpus

rumpus Active Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Hey tso5818, we're done with a lot of the game...but we still have a lot more to go! Sorry for being so vague, we don't want to give too much away :) You can expect to hear more about the game this month, and you can look for our launch around Halloween season. Also, any guesses on the storyline after seeing the second comic panel?

14. steherbanie

steherbanie Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Oh no! An evil dark fish man is threating to make bacon out of the piggy monster...

Can't wait for your guys' launch! I followed you on Twitter :) will we be getting updates soon?!?

15. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Guess for second comic panel:

Swamp monsters coming from deep within the ocean floors to take over the world or just to battle because it's a battle game :D

16. sandboxx

sandboxx Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Alright just saying the game is really difficult to play right now. I've been stuck on the first battle in mambosa for the past few days. The game lags and its really slow right now btw I have an ipodtouch 4gen

17. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    You got to beta test? Lucky

18. rumpus

rumpus Active Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Hey sandboxx, we'll have an update ready for you to test out next week, and hopefully that will be less laggy! and @tso5818, don't worry! We'll have more opportunities for beta testers soon - and you'll be the first one we contact about it :)

19. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    :), aww shucks. Thank you :)

How's everything going so far?

20. rumpus

rumpus Active Member

Jul 18, 2012
    It's going great! We're putting the finishing touches on tons of characters, levels, and our storyline...and from there it's just a matter of fixing bugs!

Does anyone else have a good guess for the second comic panel we posted last week?!