Looking for new Puzzle games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mlkaufman, Apr 25, 2013.

1. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    So, about 6 months ago I purchased a Galaxy Note 2 and gave away my iPhone. Work just purchased me an iPod Touch, so I am back in the iOS arena.

I am 6 months out of date on iOS games and was wondering if there had been any great puzzle type games in that time period. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Trainyard is a personal favorite of mine. There's a lite version (Trainyard Express) if you're interested

Also Monster Meltdown and Interlocked

3. mlkaufman

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Thanks. I've already played Trainyard, but I will definitely check out the other two.

4. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Ninja in Barrel was a really cool one that came out a little while ago. The complexity of some of the extreme challenges was awesome! :)

5. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Thanks to Toucharcade I've recently discovered the rather lovely (and free) Blendoku

6. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#6 Bronxsta, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
    Monster Meltdown is more of an action puzzler, you have to recapture monsters by luring them onto special platforms. You tap the screen to either teleport or tap a monster to swap places with it.

Simple controls but combine that with electric area that can kill the monster or yourself, gas that can kill you, the fact that you can only teleport within your line of sight, limited teleports to get three stars, and three monster types that act differently to your presence...and it gets really challenging
    ---
    Interlocked is a flash game port. You can try it here but its game mechanics are just a perfect fit for touch screens.

7. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    What about Electric Box? The objective is to turn on the power so you have to place many different types of devices to get there. Beside, in the latter levels, it gets harder.

100 floors game or something similar might be the puzzle game that you are looking for.

8. mlkaufman

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    THanks, I have downloaded both and will try them out today.

9. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    Night Sky is a fantastic indie puzzle physics platformer with an amazing atmosphere and soundtrack. The gameplay is really creative too, and never recycles the same puzzle concepts like many other games do.