Forum's "Game Impression" option...?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by BrettArchibald, Feb 16, 2010.

1. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    I notice that when posting a reply to a topic on the forums, we have the choice of marking our response as a "game impression" (yes or no), and our post is then headed as such in the general thread.
    However, I cannot see a way to filter the thread to ONLY show the responses that are game impressions.
    Is there any way to do this? Otherwise, for threads that have 100s and 100s of pages (often with pointless arguing about pricing, etc.), we still have to manually scroll through them and try and scan with our eyes which are the articles that give an impression of the game.
    If there isn't a way to do this currently, are you able to implement such a tool? I for one would appreciate it greatly, and I'm sure many other forum members would too.
    If you are not able to create a filter option for these posts, then even some other way of differentiating them *more* than they currently are would be great. As it is, just manually looking for one tiny little emboldened header is quite a tricky affair.
    Maybe these posts could be indented, or on a pale grey backdrop, or just something different. Something that makes the whole post stand out a bit more, rather than just a one-line header at the top of it.

On a related note, would it be possible for you to add a "question" option when making a post, much in the same way that we can currently make a "game impression" post?
    Of course, this would only really be beneficial to the person posting the question (and to those others who also want to know the answer to the question) if the post could be made to stand out in some way.
    Ideally though of course, the answer to the question would also need to stand out, so if someone replies to the post flagged as a question, then their reply would also would made to stand out in the same way.

So maybe when posting a reply, a user could be presented with a choice above their message body field, saying:
    This post is a:
    - General comment
    - Game impression
    - Question

And it would default to "general comment".
    This is very similar to how it is now already with the game-impression drop-down.

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

This feature will be utilized at some point in the future in new and exciting ways.

I've said too much!

[​IMG]

3. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Excellent. Glad to hear it. :)
    Can you say too much about a possible "question" option too? ;)

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

It will make more sense once you see how the other half is implemented. We need a decent amount of actual impression posts tagged as impressions. You'll see.

5. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Are all impressions going to be collected in a single area/post? That would be extremely helpful if enough people start tagging their posts.

6. matt.biknell@gmail.com

[email protected] New Member

Feb 25, 2010
    I am very much appreciate on your suggestion.

7. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Good idea and nice feature to add-on. Looking forward to seeing it.