Cute But Epic (by 7-3.)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Yixman, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Yixman

Yixman Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Hi,

My first posting, been reading a bit, so hope I'm not breaking any rules.
    We're a small team and are looking to release our first game so want to hear feedback from you as we show you our development progress and screencaps and artwork.

We're building a top-down maze level runner, using the gyro as the controller. As your poppet runs through the corridors, it'll have to avoid traps, defeat enemies and collect treasure all while trying to get out in time. One of our key features is that we intend to use a players location to unlock easter eggs and tilt the game in their favor.

As you complete mazes well your character gets stronger and better :)

We want to make the game experience short and intense maximum 2 min per maze so it's fast and furious.

We'll be posting up some of our work soon, so I really look forward to your feedback.

2. Yixman

Yixman Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Updates of Progress (Art)

Hi,

Just updating this thread with some of the concept art and the initial wireframing for your game :) Really excited as we've already got a working prototype out - later I can submit a video of it once I figure out how to Videograb on an iOS device properly.

[​IMG]

Early rough sketches of the various characters we wanted to put as PCs - They are called poppets.

[​IMG]

A wireframe of a PC with various armor and equipment upgrades as they complete mazes

[​IMG]

Top-Down view of a maze without any accoutrements. The poppet is at the bottom

3. Yixman

Yixman Member

Jun 12, 2013
    #3 Yixman, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
    Our game so far :) 24th July

Just wanted to showcase some of our artwork and in-game screenshots

What do you guys think of the art?

Attached Files:

4. I really like the concept and 3D artwork! Great visual presentation, too. This looks like it would be a lot of fun.

5. Yixman

Yixman Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Thanks for the compliment :) We are working to make it a lot of fun - it's a lot of hard work too, more than we had anticipated but really enjoying the process of making our first game

6. lokiman

lokiman Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Vampire
    Principality of Zeon
    Interesting concept but I wonder how good the gyro-based controls will be.

Also you say that it's top down runner but the character seems too small for me (looking at your maze screenshot) so maybe you should bring camera down a little bit to see all details :) But it's too soon to tell what will work and what not :)

Good luck with the development! :D

7. Yixman

Yixman Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Call for Testers :)

Hi Guys,

I have uploaded a video of 20seconds of gameplay. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfiudNH21co; The video itself uploaded is 1 min, but only the first 20 seconds are recorded.

There are certain aspects of the game that we have to work hard on improving on - especially the overall strategic overview; i.e. how the progression of levels work, and how one upgrades the poppet.

We also are working on the game mechanics as we feel that it still lacks enough tension.

That being said, we want to solicit as much feedback as possible so that we can iterate even before release. We're such a small team that I feel that without you guys we will fall into groupthink.

If you have an iOS device, are able to install testflight (or have it already), and can spare some time to communicate with us via email - we would really like you on as a beta tester.

Please write to us at [email protected]; PM me; or just reply to this thread.:)

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hmm... tilt-only controls? Interesting.