Official ELIMINATE Thread - 4 Player Online FPS [Will be FREE] [APPROVED]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mjmoco, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

TouchArcade asks, will you download ELIMINATE?

1. Yes

466 vote(s)
    91.0%
  2. No

24 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. Don't know yet

22 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    It comes down to playability and lag issues. This is playable over 3G, so a four player limit would help keep the framerate stable.

2. Krispod

Krispod Well-Known Member

May 19, 2009
    drop the freaky grapeling hook!!!

3. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

#23 Will090, Sep 22, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
    Why does everybody have to come in this thread and say I will wait for Nova? Why can't you be excited for both or stick to the nova thread?

4. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Not one person has said a thing about Nova in this thread :confused:.
    But seeing as nobody else has said anything, I'll start.
    I am expecting Nova to be better, but I still have hope for this game.
    There you go, wasn't so painful after all, was it?
    :)

5. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    It could see less, It also depends on the pricing. Eventually, yes, it will probably be just as popular as the with friends games, but if they price it at 10 bucks, It probably wont have as many people for a year, mostly the die hard iphone gamers will get it, instead of finding the casual market like the with friends games did.

6. Will090

7. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan

Yeah, Ngmoco is annoyng me too, they've made too much hype over this game with the name changing, dumb "commercials, and this extremely long wait, I don't even think this game will meet up to the hype it's gotten, Eliminate is like a much better version iFPS online with 4 players, so there goes your "originality".

8. The Game Reaper

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Yes, online multiplayer games that are priced high are often overlooked by the majority of the appstore crowd. Eliminate however, has a different business model. They price it low and make a profit through DLC. It remains to be seen if it's going to be fair. It sounds just to me (although that's probably just me being a fanboy), it's hard to tell with limited data.

9. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    That's just ONE person. Not really everybody. And even if they brought Nova in this discussion, it makes sense.

Comparing FPS's to other FPS's, when was that against the rules...

"Lik, zomg! i jus cant wait 4 dis n that halo nova thingy by that gamloft company. i haz all da fpsss on my itouch, but thzi llooks mzaing! . i actully think nova willl be betta cuz of the storii. u kno wt i maen? thiz juz needz a story n it''ll be perFct!"

^^ Omg the end of the world! I just compared 2 FPS's in the FPS thread!! :eek:

Lol, just kidding. I just don't think you should be upset if you're comparing Nova to this.

Anyways, at first, I was a little bummed out on it being 4 Players onlnie, but it might be for the better. Maybe less lag, or maybe it's more fun without 20 people in one map. Maybe the iPod can't handle huge maps with 15 players.

If it's by ngmoco, I'm pretty sure it'll be good. They will do what's best, and I know they aren't lazy. They make polished/quality games.

I am looking forward to this, even though it has no story. Nova will, but this might be better based on the graphics. (whoops, I just compared Nova to this! aaahh :rolleyes:)..

Again, just kidding, there's just nothing wrong to bring in another iPod Touch/iPhone FPS

10. dmbfan1192

dmbfan1192 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    There is nothing wrong with comparing multiple FPS but at least wait until they COME OUT! Anyway, I have a Touch so I'll need to see how good the practice mode is before buying...

11. Will090

Oh I have no problem with comparing the two, like I'm excited for both and I think they both look good. It's just the fanboys who come in and say OMG THIS GAME SUCKS _____ LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER!!! This goes for any game not just eliminate and nova. Once they both come out I have no problem saying one is better. But comparing the information that has already been releasedci have no problem with

12. twentyone

twentyone Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    OKC, Oklahoma
    #32 twentyone, Sep 22, 2009
    Agreed!! I think 4-player is a good idea..especially at first. Who knows, maybe ngmoco can tweak their servers later and add separate playlists with 6 or 8 players. As you can see in my sig, I have plenty of experience playing multiplayer on xbox live and believe me...more is not always better.

I think it's awesome that they have incorporated RPG-style elements with the various upgrades which allow you to customize your skills and attributes through the weapons and armor. I am eager to see how this works.

13. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    wait why only 4 people? In your gameplay trailer it shows a 5 people on the screen (a 3v3)...whats up with that? Can you do people+bots?

I guess 4 people isnt bad if there is a FFA mode

14. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I agree with what you are saying.
    But there's no need to say that yet. Nothing has happened yet with the fanboys/whining etc.
    You're just temping fate by saying that.

15. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Only 1 question answered... Kinda boring how Mjmoco just goes to 1 but not every single question ever... Like most developers, well acually most of them tell you 4 or more things then just leave.

There really should be some Q&A part to their website too. 4 players isn't going to be a massive frag moment, depending on the map size, I find it more fun if there was at least 6-8 players in 1 room. I also extremely dislike the refueling energy part, it doesn't feel right because you only get a limited amount of time to acually earn points. It also doesn't feel right to acually buy only 1 battery for 99 cents when it should be 5 batteries for 99 cents. This way, more people will buy it and more money for the servers, including the ones who just bought the game. We also don't have any information on how much power is used in each game, if you could explain this to us Mjmoco, that would be great.

16. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

You guys have just been spoiled by tell-all indie developers. :)

17. The Game Reaper

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    #37 The Game Reaper, Sep 22, 2009
    No one has any info on how much you'll get for DLC.

18. Darkjuarez

Darkjuarez Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Under your Bed.....
    lol, "LOL. It's hilarious how the slogan is, "Bring it. Anytime. Anywhere," when really, since almost half of the iDevice userbase uses iPod Touches, it's more like, "Bring it. But only if you have WiFi."

19. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    What the hell, four player multiplayer?!?

That's a huge downer for me.

20. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I'll comment when the game is released.