★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dark Raider Sneak Peak (submitted to app store)

02-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Dark Raider Sneak Peak (submitted to app store)

I've posted an early development video of Rocking Pocket Games next big game called Dark Raider. It's an action adventure game that has you running through dark tombs, collecting artifacts and keys while fending off creepy crawlies.

The game will have a lot of puzzles involving switches, moving boulders, hidden passages, finding keys to unlock doors, and a variety of regular and supernatural weapons. Each location will have a number of progressively harder level variations as you travel to the same location but in a parallel universe.

Some technical features:
Full 360 degree movement (not like some games where you can only move north, south, east or west)
3D immersive sound
10 song soundtrack
Custom software based dynamic lighting for unlimited lights
Enemies include bats, beetles, gladiators, snakes, spiders, giant worms, fireballs, spinning blades, and spike traps.
Weapons include pistol, shotgun, grenades, flame thrower, rocket launcher, fireballs, spinning blades. You can also use movable boulders to crush enemies.

;

New gameplay videos:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)

Last edited by salsamd; 05-01-2009 at 12:40 AM. Reason: embedded videos ;)
02-19-2009, 02:54 PM
it is really interesting title... any news when it will be out?

02-19-2009, 03:04 PM
1. Health status bar?

2. Better would be if the player got weaker/slower each time he was injured and had to find/collect first aid kits to get better.

3. It seems that when bitten, the creature goes away without your killing it. Shouldn't be the case.

4. Alternate camera angles besides top down?

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."
02-19-2009, 03:16 PM
The game has been in development for 1 month and I hope to have it finished in 2 or less.

1. There is a health status bar (upper right hearts). When your health drops to zero you'll be taken back to the main map where you can teleport into a level to try again.

2/3. Each time you touch an enemy you lose a heart, and the enemy is removed. So the object is to shoot them before they touch you, and get through the level with the given number of hearts. You'll get health upgrades as the game progresses. You might also get health every so many points you earn. Finding gems will give you points quickly.

4. No, it's a 2D game.

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)

Last edited by RPGGuy; 02-19-2009 at 03:20 PM.
02-19-2009, 03:17 PM
It looks interesting, but not something I'd pick up on an impulse buy. A short "lite" version would be nice, so we could try it out first. Also, it's hard to tell from the video, but don't pull a Chillingo and have the orientation so that the Touch headphone jacks are in the lower corner (my gripe of the day after playing iDracula ).
02-19-2009, 03:25 PM
I don't normally care for the top down perspective (few have done it as well as Gauntlet), but this looks pretty cool.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
02-19-2009, 03:27 PM
looks ALOT like payback, which isn't a bad thing how much will this cost?
02-19-2009, 03:33 PM
It's probably going to be 5.99-7.99.

02-19-2009, 04:04 PM
I would suggest, if possible, to have on screen controls as an option. Personally, I don't do real well with the concepts of hot spots, even when I'm used to playing a game. I'll live with a slightly less than appealing look to the interface if I at least know where I'm supposed to be interacting with the game.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
02-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Hmmmm... interesting! Kind of reminds me of the overhead levels in Contra 3 on the SNES.