Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare™

Discussion in 'Mac App Store Games' started by goiMot, Jan 13, 2011.

1. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

US$49.99

Description

Join the battle! Featuring a tense storyline, filled with plot twists, Call of Duty 4 thrusts players into battle like never before. With amazing special effects, including rim-lighting, depth of field, texture streaming and character self-shadowing, players are enlisted into one of the most photo-realistic gaming experiences imaginable. The community-oriented Call of Duty 4 multiplayer gameplay features a robust leveling system, variety of unlockable perks, hot-join and matchmaking, as well as create a class and party capabilities to ensure that players of all skill levels can join in the fun. Additionally over 100 challenges and a host of new game environments and modes deliver unlimited possibilities. Infinity Ward has also included Kill-Cam, a fan favorite feature that they created in Call of Duty 2, which allows for spectator instant replays.
    • Authentic Advanced Weaponry - Featuring an available arsenal of more than 70 new and authentic weapons and gear from assault rifles with laser sites, claymore mines, .50 caliber sniper rifles, and M-249 SAW machine guns.
    • Coordinated Assault and Support – Delivering the most visceral action thriller ever, the title covers modern battle from the soldier to the satellite, where the need for air support is crucial to success. The adrenaline rush deployment enlists gamers to fast-rope from tactical helicopters, ride in an armada of attack choppers, utilize jets to remove enemy strongholds and even engage hostiles from thousands of feet above the ground inside a state of the art aerial gunship.
    • Cinematic Quality Graphics and Sound – Featuring stunning next-generation graphics, players will be drawn into the cinematic intensity of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Combine the lifelike graphics and the realistic battle chatter with the Call of Duty award-winning sound design and players will face battle as they never have before.
    • Unparalleled Depth to Multiplayer – The highly-anticipated multiplayer builds from the success of Call of Duty 2 deliver a persistent online experience for greater community action.

***SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS*** ** SUPPORTED IN ENGLISH ONLY**
    MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: •Operating System: 10.5.8, 10.6.6
    •CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo •CPU Speed: 2.0 GHz •Memory: 1 GB RAM •Hard Disk Space: 8.0 GB + 1 GB Swap File •Video Card (ATI): Radeon X1600 •Video Card (NVidia): Geforce 7300 •Video Memory (VRam): 128 MB •Media Required: DVD-ROM •Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard MULTIPLAYER REQUIREMENTS: •Internet (TCP/IP) or LAN (TCP/IP) play supported •Internet play requires broadband connection RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: •Operating System: 10.5.4 (Leopard) •CPU Speed: 2.4 GHz •Memory: 2 GB RAM •Video Memory (VRam): 256 MB SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS: NVIDIA GEFORCE 7300 NVIDIA GEFORCE 7600 NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600 NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 NVIDIA GEFORCE 9400 NVIDIA GEFORCE 9600 NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 120 NVIDIA GEFORCE 320M NVIDIA GEFORCE 330M ATI RADEON X1600 ATI RADEON X1900 ATI RADEON HD 2400 ATI RADEON HD 2600 ATI RADEON HD 3870 ATI RADEON HD 4670 ATI RADEON HD 4850 ATI RADEON HD 5670 ATI RADEON HD 5750
    NOTICE: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some disk and virtual disk drives. NOTICE: Intel integrated video chipsets are not supported. NOTICE: Apple Intel Chipsets only. Power PC Processors (G4 and G5) are not supported NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive)

Link:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare/id403574981?mt=12#

2. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Holy sh*t, I would never have expected this.

3. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Already have this game and it's awesome. I just wish they come around to porting Modern Warfare 2 already.

4. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Why not? It's been out on the Mac for a very long time.

5. Fafner

Fafner Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    HA!!

"Media Required: DVD-ROM"

What for? :)

6. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Yes, but I'm not sure they like Apple taking 30% of their profits. And they are the first full fledged console game to come to the Mac App Store, I believe.

7. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Not on the AU store, and at $50 US I wouldn't buy it for however much AUD it is, a boxed copy can be had for around $40 brand new from the UK.

8. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Well I doubt they're getting any substantial sales out of the Mac App Store since MW2 has been out for a long time now. And by selling it now, they might get a few more sales considering the mac app store is new and all.

9. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Well there's also Lego Harry Potter but yeah, it is. At this point in time I'm sure Activision isn't make a whole lot of money off of this port so this move is certainly profitable.

10. mehware

mehware Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I am a huge fan of the COD series, Steam doesn't offer the games for Mac, I am glad the Mac App Store does for this title.

- Matt

11. Notthevictim

Notthevictim Well-Known Member

How can you get the game with 10.5.8? We leopard users don't even get the app store :(

12. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Does anyone remember the front page post on toucharcade a couple of days back? About the mac app store being closely compatible to the ipod app store? Imagine if this was ported to the iphone, you know how amazing that would be! I would pay $50 for that!! Its a real shame thats probably not gonna happen cause the iphone cant handle it.

13. CaptnWildstar

CaptnWildstar Member

May 4, 2009
    This is a rip off! the PC version is $29.99 on steam.

14. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    actually they do. However, I am a pc so I got cod 4 easily.

15. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Oh really? I'd like you to show me where exactly you think lego harry potter is.

16. Kehaan

Kehaan Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Cant find it on the danish store :S

17. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

How much do you think Steam takes? How much do you think they lose to retail stores and printing/distributing physical media? 30% is a deal. :)

18. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    I also saw Lego HP, it was in the App Store on the first day for $49.99, the full fledged console version, but since then it's disappeared.

19. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    It was on there the other day.

You can buy it from other places. Either a boxed copy or other online digital distribution sites.

20. Lightworx

Lightworx Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    Italy
    Actually Steam has plenty of Mac games!