Support our Sponsors:

Old 06-11-2014, 07:59 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Looks like I need to hurry up and finish Coldfire Keep then! Any idea if you'll bring this to Steam/PC?
Definitely! In fact, this game will probably launch slightly earlier on Windows/MacOS than on mobile. If not, at the same time.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:28 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejarman View Post
Definitely! In fact, this game will probably launch slightly earlier on Windows/MacOS than on mobile. If not, at the same time.
Fantastic! Thank you for the quick response! Looks like I'm double dipping again then
Old 08-25-2014, 09:54 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

In exciting news, The Deep Paths now has its very own Kickstarter!

As well as this little promo video thingy:

Check them out!
Old 08-26-2014, 03:26 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

And while I'm posting, here are the latest screenshots - as seen on the Kickstarter page.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejarman View Post
As well as this little promo video thingy...
Showing the level design process right from the initial grid paper stage was an inspired move.

I don't why I keep looking in this section of the forum. I already have too many games in my backlog. The last thing I need to start getting interested in forthcoming ones.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:30 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balders View Post
Showing the level design process right from the initial grid paper stage was an inspired move.

I don't why I keep looking in this section of the forum. I already have too many games in my backlog. The last thing I need to start getting interested in forthcoming ones.
Tell me about it - I'm at that point now where I'm essentially just collecting games as I only have time to play about 20% of the ones that I buy.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:51 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Nice little write up about The Deep Paths, based on the Kickstarter campaign information:

http://www.indieretronews.com/2014/0...n-crawler.html
Old 08-28-2014, 08:28 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I thought I'd share a little more information about the character generation system in "The Deep Paths". The game uses the traditional RPG archetypes of Fighter, Rogue, Cleric, and Mage. This was a very conscious decision building "tradition" into the very roots of the game. Aside from that, I like these old-school character generators a great deal. I'm a big fan of rolling dice to try and come up with the best stat set for each of my characters. I like that I can experiment with different party member combinations. Hopefully I'm not the only one that feels that way... pretty confident that I'm not!

Each party member has 5 key stats that govern the effectiveness of their abilities. Strength is the Fighter's primary stat, Dexterity the Rogue's. Clerics rely on Faith, and the Mage uses their Intellect. Across the board, Vitality makes for healthy characters and is also a deciding factor for numerous "saving throw" type dice rolls.

Another very conscious decision at this initial level of creation is the exclusion of any form of skills. I wanted to make sure that people could enjoy the character generation process, but limit it to something reasonably quick and manageable so as not to alienate newcomers to this style of RPG. Rest assured though, each character has a set of skills (or "Talents") that allows you to further specialize their abilities inside of their overarching class, as they level up throughout the adventure. Talent selections also lend an extra element of variety to repeated play-throughs.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:59 PM

Oh, wow. This looks awesome. Will be following.