large game updates - worth it? HELP

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by awp69, Mar 31, 2010.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #1 awp69, Mar 31, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
    I have GTA: Chinatown Wars and was prompted for an update yesterday. So I said go ahead and do it, but of course there was not enough space.

This happened once before and I had to delete a whole bunch of other games BEFORE GTA was updated then did the update. Then re-installed the other games (all non-save type games).

Well, this time is getting out of hand. I have over 700+ MB of space and it STILL will not update. I'm assuming the way this is done is that it leaves the old copy there, downloads the new one with updates then deletes the old one before doing the update.

This is ridiculous. There needs to be away to do code fixes within the code and apply it to the existing code. Anyway, I'm extremely frustrated. I bought an 8 GB iPod Touch (yes, regretting not getting a bigger one). But there's gotta be a better way to do this.

Also, on a different topic, I'm finding two of the same games listed in iTunes. Can't figure out why but it doesn't seem to make a difference if you uncheck one.

2. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Its as simple as this... ask yourself which is more important to you..

THIS...

∙ 6 New Radio Stations featuring over 100 minutes of new music

∙ Misc. Bug Fixes

OR

The games you have to temporarily remove.

3. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Its not just remove games temporarily...
    Wht about The progress?
    Wht about the pain one has to go through to put these games back?

Can one not just update it by syncing?

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Agreed. It is a pain in the ass. Temporary or not. It's time consuming.