Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 01-14-2014, 02:44 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

on the freemium topic:

I dont think freemium is bad, as long as its executed right. But oh boy its done wrong everywhere. People should take example from League of Legends, Dota2 and other F2P Games that DONT force the people to buy anything. I have IAPs in my games, just because i offer people choices they can buy if they WANT to buy. I would NEVER force something to be paid which would otherwise destroy the game for them.

But yeah the current EA model of F2P is a cancer that needs to die away (EVERY FACEBOOK GAME)
Old 01-15-2014, 11:59 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

For the core gamers who despite the freemium / IAP model (that doesn't include content that is), then yes of course.

I'm sure most of us who game on these devices quite a bit wouldn't mind paying $5 or more for good quality titles that are free of timers, ads and paywall junk. Luckily there are still some releases but I find it almost impossible to sift through the rubbish in order to find them.

The issue now with IAPs and free games is the industry has determined that this is more profitable. Just like MMOs now are abandoning the subscription model (i.e. $15 / month) and going towards pay2win crap.

I'm not holding my breath, but I really hope this freemium model starts to go away soon. Doesn't look like it so far, though. The day it takes over completely is the day I stop gaming, plain and simple. Yes, I'm old.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:40 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I've start playing Pc games, megadrive, snes, saturn and a lot of other devices. Ten years after, i stop playing, because of the high prices. Now I'll never pay 60-80 for a game, it's really too high for me. During ten years, i've tried to play with friends, but prices were unreachables, i always felt bad, playing a game and finishing it three days later..

Since a year i bought an ipad, and now i like playing again! The main reason is the low prices, and the originality. Ios games are so differents than other platforms, and i can buy them without feeling being theft.

I hope prices will never go higher, because playing is just a pleasure for me, not a passion. I can play a lot, somedays, but most of the time, i prefer walking, playing piano... I've never thought a game could worth 50. Even great games, it's too high. Ios games are awesome because they can be developped by one person, small companies, and they look like the games you could play during the 80's or the nineties, simples and originals.