iDrop Dead

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ttursas, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ttursas

ttursas Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    #1 ttursas, Jun 28, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
    UPDATED 17-Aug-2009: MOVED LATEST SCREENSHOTS AND VIDEO CLIPS HERE!

Take a look at our next iPhone & iPod Touch game: iDrop Dead! Let's hope Apple doesn't ban it! ;)

Anyway, Drop Dead started as a flash game back in 2008, and so far around five million people have played its three iterations (original, extended edition and final cut). There are other ragdoll games where you throw around the character and watch its body parts to turn red when it takes damage. In Drop Dead it's the screen that turns red from all the blood the flying body parts will spray! :D Includes saw blades, bombs and other nice things.

I also set up a Facebook fan page for all the Drop Dead games, if you want to talk about the flash games:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Drop-Dead/121105491759

iDrop Dead will contain most of the features we've planned to Drop Dead 2 flash, and some more. ;) Scrolling, level goals, worlds with different themes, new music, characters, graphics, unlockables, etc., it's going to be a blast that rips your head off!

Here's a link to Drop Dead: Final Cut (contains a level editor as well):

http://www.kongregate.com/games/ttursas/drop-dead-final-cut

If everything goes as planned the game should be out in August 2009.

PS. Stickman comes in the first update. ;)

Attached Files:

2. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    You guys sure it is gonna get approved? I may check up on that before you spend too much time on it.

3. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    The phone just got that parental lock, and Apple approved nudity, so why cartoon violence wouldn't be allowed? ;)

Anyway, how does one check these things? Can I submit incomplete games to Apple for approval?

4. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    yeah, i don't see it having a problem, there are already some "bloody cartoon violence" games...kitty kannon, save kitty, stick wars...even has a blood level option

5. Car Jack Streets

Jun 14, 2009
    Not to rain on your parade but nudity actually wasn't allowed. On Iphone Game Network they released an article about how the devs lied about them taking it down due to traffic and it actually was Apple who took it offline. Though that wasn't really the point of the post and your app will probably be fine.

6. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Pretty clever marketing from them. ;) But yeah, our game doesn't even have humans in it, and we can always change the blood color to green. Should be enough for Germany as well.

7. aboll2009

aboll2009 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    School
    Atlantis
    WHY DID NOBODY TELL ABOUT THIS GAME? THIS IS F***** AMAZING!!

No really, it pisses me off I didn't know about this last year. Insta-buy!!! By July I hope you mean July 1st :p

8. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    XD iDrop Dead will be better than the flash incarnations, and all the levels will be new and big! Anyway, I'm sorry, we are not that fast. ;) But if you guys buy our games enough we can quit our dayjobs and work full time on our own projects! :D Late July it's going to be...

9. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    You sure can!

10. aboll2009

Apr 5, 2009
    School
    Atlantis
    #10 aboll2009, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
    Bought both perfect harmonies. I'm not kidding, I just bought both of them although i never played them before. :p

EDIT: NOW WHY DIDN'T ANY ONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS DAMMIT!!!

11. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    8D Thank you! ;) I wasn't expecting that. I hope you like them. At least there's some blood in Inferno. :D If there were other as awesome people like you I'd be coding iDrop Dead right now instead of sitting here at my day job office... :) But let's see, perhaps I've reached that goal at the end of the year if I work hard enough?

12. aboll2009

Apr 5, 2009
    School
    Atlantis
    If only. No really, I don't know why I never at least looked this up, both of them are amazing

13. #13 Mindfield, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
    So this is what you've been working on. Awesome. It's like Perfect Balance, only featuring Pedobear and lots of blood. I'll definitely be watching this!

14. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    is that... pedobear? ;_;

15. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    :D We aren't 100% sure we can feature Pedobear in the final iPhone build (these are not the final graphics). But perhaps he's there under cover, flying under the radar? ;)

16. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Just a quick update on iDrop Dead: we've been working hard on the game, and our friends have already tested the game a bit. This will be so much better than the flash Drop Deads. ;) Should be done and complete early next week. I'll post some exclusive screenshots here later this week, and also perhaps a link to a YouTube video.

The game has some small extras for people with 2nd gen iPod Touch and iPhone 3GS, as they feature a faster CPU. :)

17. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    More work-in-progress pics!

Here are a couple of new WIP screenshots of iDrop Dead! The cherries are back, but there will be something else, too, and bigger! ;) Also new characters with special abilities, and some levels that are only possible on iPhone & iPod Touch. Plus I'm not revealing any of the really wacky stuff, you'll see that when the game is out. XD We are experiencing a small feature creep here, but hopefully the game will be complete at the end of next week. ;)

Attached Files:

18. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    One more...

In iDrop Dead you get to visit a real sauna, too!

Attached Files:

19. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    Wow, this is looking awesome. I remember playing this on the internet years ago and thinking that it was a pretty fun game so I can't wait for it to come out on the iPhone. Hopefully with all this extra content you are putting in, it'll be worth the wait. :D

20. MyLilPWNY

MyLilPWNY Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    looks cool when do you think you will be submitting it