Fabled Lands [gamebook/2D RPG] is in review and should be out in a few days

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Ninievre, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Ninievre

Ninievre Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    CEO, Megara
    #1 Ninievre, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
    [​IMG]

SET OUT ON A JOURNEY OF FABULOUS ADVENTURE
    - IN LANDS BEYOND THE LIMIT OF YOUR IMAGINATION

THE ULTIMATE MIX BETWEEN A GAMEBOOK AND A SANDBOX 2D RPG for your iPhone and iPod Touch!

Building on the roughly 12,000 man-hours of work that went into the iPad app, this version features a completely new UI to fit the smaller screen and of course has all the extra content from the updates to the HD app over the last month.

Price tag: US $5.99 (instead of US $7.99 for the already released HD version)

Choose for yourself what role to play, where to go and what to do.

In THE WAR-TORN KINGDOM, revolution rages in Sokara.You can join forces with the king to restore his throne - or look for profit in the pay of the dictator, Grieve Marlock. Use fighting skills or sorcery, bribery or skulduggery to survive the assassins in the city backstreets.

Descend to the sewers of Yellowport to defeat the vile rat-king, Skabb. Retrieve the golden net of the gods from the Repulsive Ones deep beneath the sea - and use the rewards of your victories to travel beyond the boundaries of the known world.

Your journeys will bring you foes and friends, danger and triumph, fortune and fame - and more adventures than you have ever dreamed of. Role-playing as you've never known it before - in the perilous world of the FABLED LANDS.

Reviews from various websites and beta testers :

« This looks a blast from the past! »
    « The series is incredible, and probably will be the closest thing to a real pen and paper RPG experience that ever makes it to an iOS device »
    « The app itself is brilliant. Graphics are glorious, and the quality is top notch. Obviously, the writing is amazing, and is probably the best written game book available on iOS ».
    « Greatest game book ever! This game is a must-have in my book. I played for about 3 hours straight, and I can't really put this game into solid words without giving things way, but let me put it this way... The game is open world. You can do whatever you want ».
    « Trust me whole hardly when I say," If you like game books you HAVE to buy this game" »
    « I really think this game does a great job of streamlining and redefining the whole gamebook genre. This game feels more immersive and fun than the others games in the genre ».
    « That version of Fabled Lands is giving it more the feel of a console or computer RPG than other gamebook adaptations. This might be the only app that appeals to WRPG, JRPG and Gamebook fans, as it has common ground with all three sub-genres. Basically, it looks like a JRPG, it plays like a WRPG and it reads like a gamebook ».
    « You think it's a gamebook because you know there's a print version. With the other gamebook adaptions, that's very apparent, they don't even try to hide it or make life easier for you. The first few that I bought, I always thought it was cute because it reminded me of the paper gamebooks I own, but that eventually wore off and now I always only think "why couldn't they use the advantages of the platform better". This game is an example of how to do that. It doesn't give up too much of the gamebook feel to be something entirely different, but it doesn't let me do all the work either, keeps track of stuff for me, and so on. »
    « Been playing Fabled Lands for about a couple of hours now and all I can say is I'm really loving it. Gamebooks really shine when used on a iOS device. The artwork and style is quite riveting. Not to mention the experience in taking you further in the mind of Dave Morris's creation in another different or perhaps deeper perspective ».

Based on the masterpiece gamebook series "Fabled Lands" by legendary authors Dave Morris (Golden Dragon, Dragon Warriors) and Jamie Thomson (Way of the Tiger).

More information, FAQ and... screenshots galore!! on the Fabled Lands apps community website and boards
    http://megara-entertainment.com/

Mikael "Ninievre" LOUYS
    CEO - Megara Entertainment

2. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Library circulation rep
    Beaufort, SC
    Can't wait for this! :)

3. gustave154

gustave154 Member

Feb 21, 2011
    I can't wait for this too!! Touch Arcade should review the app when it comes out!!

4. Ninievre

Ninievre Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    CEO, Megara
    Thank you Gustav and Dahak for your enthousiasm !

5. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    So it was already "in review"? Usually it's just a day or a few hours after an app switches to that status before it's released. Or did you mean "in review" as in just submitted? Man I can't wait to try this out!

6. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    RD support?

7. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Library circulation rep
    Beaufort, SC
    I wish Apple would hurry up and review this! I'm dyin' here! :)