★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
05-25-2015, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Hey Waz...gotta ask: Do you have any plans to add a bundled character set IAP to the game (or anything of the sort), or is it safe to just go ahead and finally buy the rest of the characters separately?
No plans for a bundle, sorry. Note that there are no new characters in 1.3 - all the new features apply to all the characters. Currently the first 8 characters cover all the available belief systems, so you'll get to experience nearly all the new stuff even if you only have the original characters from v1.1.

Re: roguelike - the game is not intended for everyone; games targeted at "everyone" are actually targeted at some "low middle" (on some dimension) to try to appeal to the most people. WazHack isn't even intended to appeal to most people, but to people who like roguelikes of the NetHack tradition. It's not for everyone, but neither is Candy Crush Saga.
05-25-2015, 08:00 AM
Joined: May 2010
Location: Deepest Circle, Hell
Posts: 8,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by WazWaz View Post
No plans for a bundle, sorry. Note that there are no new characters in 1.3 - all the new features apply to all the characters. Currently the first 8 characters cover all the available belief systems, so you'll get to experience nearly all the new stuff even if you only have the original characters from v1.1
Well, that settles it then. Handing $6.99 over to Mr. Waz pretty damn soon.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

10-28-2015, 03:40 PM
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 173
I tried to buy the new characters and got an error message saying that feature is currently unavailable
10-28-2015, 04:34 PM
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 659
I have bought the evil wizard, hunter, fighter, and rogue packs. I love this game it's super frustrating but so fun I keep coming back. Great update I was so happy when I hatched three little baby kobolds out of the violet eggs I found
03-20-2016, 12:37 AM
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 29
I've bought the first ipa fighter, but I still can not pass 300 feet, it ask me to unlock the char. I also tried to recover purchase and buy it again, but both of them didn't work.
03-20-2016, 08:52 AM
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 659
That's weird I have never had problems with purchases or restoring them. What device and iOS are you using?
03-20-2016, 09:19 AM
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
That's weird I have never had problems with purchases or restoring them. What device and iOS are you using?
Ipad air 9.2.1, I met this bug since the new chars out (v1.2)
03-20-2016, 11:31 AM
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 659
Hopefully the dev can figure out what's going on for you
03-20-2016, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guzhenjie1 View Post
I've bought the first ipa fighter, but I still can not pass 300 feet, it ask me to unlock the char. I also tried to recover purchase and buy it again, but both of them didn't work.
Occasionally people report a problem like this, but I've never worked out any pattern to it (and it works for many people every day, so it's not widespread).

When you go to Options/Store, does it show the prices correctly (that confirms it's correctly connecting to the App Store)? Does your purchase show up correctly there (class pairs you've purchased should have a big green tick rather than a buy/price button)?

Things that have worked for other people:

* Press the "Recover..." button.
* Make sure you're logged into the same AppleID account that you bought the character.
* Uninstall, reinstall (and "Recover..." button). You lose game progress doing this though.

I've particularly noticed it happening for people when they upgrade an iOS version, but not consistently.

Note that it's impossible for you to accidentally buy the same class twice with the same AppleID - that is prevented at the App Store (the purchases are associated with your account, not your device), so trying to buy the class again (after confirming you're logged in with the same account) should give an error message from the App Store before any confirmation to buy.

What happened for you when you tried to buy it again?
03-20-2016, 09:00 PM
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by WazWaz View Post
When you go to Options/Store, does it show the prices correctly (that confirms it's correctly connecting to the App Store)? Does your purchase show up correctly there (class pairs you've purchased should have a big green tick rather than a buy/price button)?

Things that have worked for other people:

* Press the "Recover..." button.
* Make sure you're logged into the same AppleID account that you bought the character.
* Uninstall, reinstall (and "Recover..." button). You lose game progress doing this

What happened for you when you tried to buy it again?
When I go to the store in option it still shows the price after I purchased.
I tried to buy it again, it told me I've already bought it and I could got it for free. Then I confirmed and it shows purchase successful, but I still can't pass 300 feet and store still show the price not the green tick.
I also tried log out and log in, uninstall and reinstall, then recover, but none of them worked.

I also noticed there are 2 other reviews complained about this bug in AppStore, and it all happened in 2014 after v1.2.

Last edited by guzhenjie1; 03-21-2016 at 02:46 AM.