Dungeon/MMO games WITHOUT IAP's?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by T_r_y, Dec 28, 2012.

1. T_r_y

T_r_y Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Hey guys! New to this forum. So I really like a lot of games out there, especially the role playing games and dungeon crawler ones.

The only thing is that I hate games that have in-app purchases. The reason is that I always fear I'll have to buy a "bag of gems" for $1.99 in order to progress. I'm not taling about the building games that need gems to progress...more like games that have upgrades that you'll need to really play the game.

One example is dungeon hunter 3...it is freemium with in app purchases, which makes me uncomfortable to invest time in it. I've thought of downloading DH2, but the reviews seem to suggest it isn't working with IOS6.

Another examples is Order & Chaos, which is kind of a WoW clone...but it too is driven by IAP's and I'm worried I'll be wasting my time trying to play a game that's a waste of time without spending further money.

Both DH3 and O&C are free, which means the developers are probably going to be basically requiring IAP's for any real progress in the games.

I've seen other threads on here asking about non-IAP RPG games...but does anyone know of good dungeon hunter or MMO games that are not IAP driven?

2. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Try games from Spacetime studios (Pocket legends, star legends, Dark legends and Arcane legends). They are instance based MMORPGs. You don't have to spend a buck in that game. The best weapons must be looted (not bought), gold cannot be purchased with real money (well it can, but you can loot it faster than buy it lol), and you can get to the highest level. The only things you buy with real money are more character slots and vanity stuff (things that only make you look better). It's worth a try.

Plus, they've got a great community.

3. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    I'm playing Arcane Legends and really enjoying it. It has TONS of IAP, BUT you can play every aspect of the game and find the best gear without ever spending a dime.

In a recent interview with one of the devs, he mentioned the lessons learned with the three previous MMOs they've made. Pay walls are bad, Facebook game style energy is bad, and selling the best gear via IAP is bad. So there is no pay wall, you can play as much and as long as you want without having to buy more energy points, and the best gear in the game comes from boss drops which can be sold and traded to other players.

There is a ton of IAP, but none of it is necessary to play the game. And they have free ways of getting the IAP currency (platinum) via trying out different apps, filling out surveys, etc. So even if you see an IAP you feel you absolutely must have, you can still get it for free. I managed to get enough free platinum from offers to buy all sorts of stuff in game, and it really wasn't as much of a pain as I thought it would be.

Anyways, it's free so the worst that can happen is you hate it and delete it.