Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. stonhans

stonhans Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Hello NimbleTim,
    Are you adding any new planes with the next update?

2. Jesses_198

Jesses_198 Active Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Texas, USA
    Nimbletim, when will our next special plane event be? I need sequoias and get most of my trading items from mystery parts.

3. Morelyz24

Morelyz24 New Member

Jul 13, 2012
    How about a flight cost meter, and mOving the arrivals drop down to the bottom always block my flight info when setting up flights

4. DRTiraPiedra

DRTiraPiedra New Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Have two complete sets to build a Starship as well as Class three planes through class one looking to trade whatever for a complete P40. Thank you.

5. LJayne03

LJayne03 Member

Jul 4, 2012
    does this start from a certain sized plane?

6. NimbleTim

NimbleTim Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Should be. Currently it will work if you are in the same session. It is just the game leaving memory that triggers the bug.

Not in this one. But we will in future updates.

We are releasing any information on future events but we are trying different things and we will continue to give parts/planes as the reward.

Technically it works with any size but really it will only do anything on a 2+ capacity plane.

7. {:L.S:}

{:L.S:} Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    That sounds good.

Does anyone else have a problem where when you press the map it takes you to the other side of the world?

8. FlyerGuy

FlyerGuy Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Wait, this is amazing but it doesn't seem to work for me. Is this planned for a future version?

And can't wait until we get the hot air balloon :)

9. Jesses_198

Jesses_198 Active Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Texas, USA
    Where are you releasing this info?

10. Pocketplanegod97

Pocketplanegod97 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012

I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Can you make the world round I would like to go from Alaska to Russia that would be great :D
    2. Make some more planes!! We need more planes that are bigger than cloud liners a plane with 20 people/ cargo with a 10/10 no more uneven planes -_- it gets annoying sometimes
    3. Is there a way to fix the profit margin on the starship it's very hard to make a profit on it
    4. Wen you have loaded all your passengers/ cargo on the screen to go to your next flight can you put like a little notification I which cities
    5. Make notification bar lower it blocks important information that is very crucial.
    6. Fix the hangar upgrade lost
    7. Unload/reload button
    8. More cities like red cities there is only 3 cities in north America while there is like 20 in the asian area

I think I speak for a lot of people with these upgrade ideas please do them!!!

11. jlgolson

jlgolson Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Hi Tim. I'm not getting this at all. Tapping and holding load or unload doesn't do anything special.

Am I doing something wrong?

12. {:L.S:}

{:L.S:} Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    It's in the update which isn't out yet.

13. NimbleTim

Jul 15, 2012
    The update has been submitted and is waiting on approval. My lips are sealed on the hot air balloon. I will say however that that one is slow but pure profit.

I can't type. I meant we are NOT releasing any information. If you find a typo in the game like that it is more than likely my fault.

1. Bitizens are 2d and therefore live in a flat 2d world.
    2. More planes are coming in future updates.
    3. It was designed to not be profitable. It is a starship and fuel is expensive.
    4. The cities with passengers that one to go there should fade in and out a little on the map.
    5. Next update with have an X to quickly dismiss it.
    6. Fixed in the next update (waiting on approval).
    7. If you are talking about load/unload all it is in the next update.
    8. Cities are loosely based off real numbers.

14. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    #5074 putermcgee, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
    while I think it's lame to award less to the top team (when the top ten all got the same thing, that was fine...it encourages those who don't want to be on team TA), I like this latest reply.

it's a flat world...and I think that's a funny way to look at it. this isn't some crazy in-depth sim, so having a flat world is fine by me. it's kind of a bummer that I can't recreated my real-life most frequent flught (Chicago to Tokyo), though.

it's too bad that the starship is so crappy, but the reasoning makes sense. I'll just keep it in my hangar and sell off the 9 parts I delivered during the event.

can't wait for the update to drop, and I'm looking forward o a chance to fly the blimp and hot air balloon!

15. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    #5075 Rusothil, Jul 16, 2012
    Anyone else think the starship sucks? It has negative profit everywhere.

Wait just read a couple pages before, nevermind!

16. NimbleTim

Jul 15, 2012
    Well it is a computer failure.

We are continuing to experiment with different events/location/rewards/jobs required for the fight crews and will probably continue to do so for a little while. Personally I am pretty impress that TA managed to get over 1.6 million jobs to the San Deigo event. Now what would be truly impressive is if TA could coordinate enough to get second place.

17. Mdaymond

Mdaymond Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    #5077 Mdaymond, Jul 16, 2012
    Thank's again for sharing with us! I always read though your posts. Be sure to let us know how efficient this method of play is, be interesting to know!

Welcome! We've been in need of your voice for some time so thank's for making yourself known :) You've already answered questions more directly than on the getsatisfaction site (Admin Dani on there?). Simple answers and to the point are what we all like to hear :)

Many thanks!!! I know many of us worked hard at it including PocketPlaneGod who came in at 3rd. Think I was 41st or something, haven't yet got my results through [EDIT: just noticed my starship reward is in my hangar but I got no notification of my ranking in the crew or anything - any reason why?]. May I ask, can you release any information on how many people are currently in the TA crew, and the names of any crews below us? Will that ever be visible in the in-game leader boards? (And if not, maybe have an online archive type of website where we can see results of crews after each world event)
    Also, I'd like to be able to see the current Top 10 places within the crew to get a better idea on how far away I am from them, could this be thought about by you and the team for a future update?

Could you also shed any more light on what will be included in this next update please...? :)

During this event, I aimed high for mystery parts for 2 of the 3 days, often shuffling planes out of place to ensure I catch them before they dissapeared. I got 37 in total - anyone else employ any time / method into getting the mystery parts or...... ?

Attached Files:

18. SpudWreck

SpudWreck Active Member

Jul 15, 2012
    #5078 SpudWreck, Jul 16, 2012
    I decided to do some number crunching on the average number of jobs available in a city vs the number of total cities over 5 refreshes for fun. Cities used - Chicago, New York, Istanbul, Beijing, Seoul

All Cities are fully upgraded

Total
    Cities | CH | NY | IS | BE | SE | Average
    ----------------------
    5 | 23 | 21.4 | 23.6 | 21.8 | 25.4 | 23.04
    7 | 32.4 | 31.2 | 28.6 | 31.6 | 32.8 | 31.32 +8.28
    9 | 39.6 | 36 | 30.6 | 38.6 | 37.8 | 36.52 +13.48
    11 | 37 | 41.6 | 37.8 | 43.6 | 44.6 | 40.92 +17.88

19. Pezmage

Pezmage Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Semi-out of work Lawyer
    Bay Area, California
    Any chance you took data for whether or not there was a specific increase or decrease in jobs to a certain city when you increased the number of airports? That's something I would be very interested in knowing.

20. NimbleTim

Jul 15, 2012
    Dani is actually my wife working part time while our toddler is sleeping so with the launch of this game we have been a little backed up on getsatisfaction trying to help everyone. We are also considering other support tools since getsatisfaction doesn't really seem to be the most efficient.

There is currently a little over 44,000 members registered in the TA flight crew. However in the last event only a little over 13,000 delivered items, all but around 500 of them delivered enough for the reward and the average was 124 jobs. It is not too hard to find out what the other groups are with a simple web or twitter search but the current top 5 contain TA, Jay is Games, The Verge, Pocket Planes Wiki, and 2CH. We do not plan on making this visible since we want to encourage people playing with their friends and don't want #ILOVECOCKS showing to younger players.