Is 1112 worth the $?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Claridosa, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Claridosa

Claridosa Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2009
    I was wondering if it was worth purchasing the full version of 1112? If not what are some similar games? I have Myst and recently bought Nick Chase which was a total waste of money. I love these kind of games. Not interested in fighting games or combat. Would love any suggestions. Thanks.

2. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    I would say no since the Devs basically abandoned the game as we were supposed to see Chapter 2 by last February

3. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    The dev is active on here and mentioned this past summer that they are actively producing chapter 2.

4. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    yes we spent 8 month on the dev of another project between ep 01 and 02, we just finished most graphics ressources of Ep02 right now...

5. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Well, did you try the Lite? In my experience if I loved the Lite, I loved the full too.

Personally, I am currently enjoying Return to Mysterious Island. It is a point and click adventure with survival aspect, central mystery and little to no interaction with other characters.
    I like the puzzles being logical and also abundant enough that if you are stuck with one thing, you'd usually progress with others, so that there are successes in every playing session.
    It is quite visually pretty, too. Not having played Myst I can't say how similar it is.

There are also adventures that have a lot of well-written and well-voiced humorous dialog - like the famous "The Secret of Monkey Island", which I have, but didn't yet try, already being engrossed in Mysterious Island and "Flight of the Amazon Queen", which I finished and which was my entry into point and click adventure genre both on the Touch and at all, as I never gave the genre a chance on PC.

I have also heard excellent things about Beneath a Steel Sky - another PC classic that is supposed to have been ported particularly well. I am going to buy it once I finish the P&C adventures that I already have.

6. Kintaro360

Kintaro360 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Vienna
    Of course it's worth the buck - it has one of the best stories and characters cross-plattforms.

I also strongly recommend "Beneath a Steel Sky" Both games are of the hook!

7. Claridosa

Claridosa Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Thanks. Of course I tried the lite. However just because the lite was good does not mean the full version is worth it as you can see from comments above. If a dev drops the game that can have a huge impact. Nick Chase I thought was terrific until it ended not far into game play. Thanks for the suggestions. :)