Applied to private developer forum

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Balloon Loons, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Balloon Loons

Balloon Loons Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Hey guys. Just wanted to know if anyone is a member of the private section. I put in a request for membership there over a month ago and never got a reply from anyone. Is this an active section still? If so does anyone monitor the requests anymore? How can I get a login? Thanks!

2. 8BitGrenade

8BitGrenade Active Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Game programmer, game designer.
    Honolulu
    I applied as well but didn't get a reply either. Not sure what's going on.

3. mobile1up

mobile1up Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    it takes time.. but honestly, not missing much.

4. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

That forum is a ghost town, maybe they aren't bothering signing people up. Don't bother.

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Only a select few can add people to the dev forum, and it's pretty bare because not many people have been added.

I'll see if I can get in on the approval action and maybe we will see more people there soon.

6. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    blakespot's going to be looking into keeping on top of dev registrations. The other perk is that developers get avatars.

arn

7. joshimoo

joshimoo New Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Germany
    Just putting my hat in as well.
    Tried signing up for the developer group twice so far.
    (Just for information yes I did include a link to the appstore.)

Will try again when my next project is out.

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

There's a ton of people in the group, but everyone seems to prefer posting in the public dev forum.

9. unexpect3rd

unexpect3rd Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Mobile Game Developer (Fulltime as well as indie)
    Singapore
    joshimoo, how do you apply to the group "twice"? Is there a way to cancel the current application and reapply? I would like to do that, so I can put in more details in my application.

10. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    I keep my posts vague in the public forum, but if devs want more specific answers it'd have to be in a more private setting. I end up sending a bunch of PM's... it'd be more efficient to move the discussion to the private dev forum if everyone involved was there.

11. CommanderData

CommanderData Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

I try to keep on top of the private developer requests too, but there have been a few long stretches this year where I've been unable to review them due to business projects and travel, including a stretch in the last 4-6 weeks... Sometime in the month of September a bunch of older requests were cleaned up, perhaps by Blake or other mods, but we're back up to 50+ in the queue again :eek:

FYI it's possible to apply more than once if you are denied initially. Possible reasons for denial might include not having a game available on the App Store yet, or if you're still just learning how to make apps and games, or have zero posts in the public forums, or lack of developer-related posts in the forums.

The system does not notify you if you're accepted or rejected unfortunately. I used to try to hand-write replies to those still trying to learn, or with a game that will not be released for months, to explain the reasons.... However I am afraid there are not enough hours in the day for me to do that anymore. :(

Hope that helps everyone's understanding. As mentioned by many, the private forums are rarely used as most developers here on TouchArcade seem to prefer talking out in the open. Of course you do get the nifty avatar and a place to talk in private if the need arises ;)

Anyway, I'll start picking away at them as I can this coming week! :D