Gravity Gets Heavier - (news from Gravity Music)

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Gravity Jim, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Gravity Jim

Gravity Jim Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Commercial music producer
    Santa Rosa, CA
    I hope by now you've heard our underscore for Zombieville USA 2, featuring remixes of the original Zombieville soundtrack and a bunch of new music...

We're just about wrapped up on our soundtracks for PixelTap Studios and Mad Mochi Games (formerly Umizato Games)...

And we've made some major upgrades in our studio. Some new instruments and software, but the big news is we've replaced our venerable but graying Yamaha 02R with a new Tascam DM3200 mixing console and FireWire audio interface... now we're 24 bit/96khz audio all the way from tracking through final mix. You think it doesn't make a difference by the time it gets compressed down to game sizes? Believe me, it does. Better dynamic range on the front end translates to better sounding small files on the back.

[​IMG]

It's completely installed and working right now. Drop us a line and "witness the power of this fully armed and operational Death Star!" We'd love to help make your next game a hit, too.

2. sofaking

sofaking Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2011
    #2 sofaking, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
    I love you all even more cause of the SW reference

3. Gravity Jim

Nov 19, 2009
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Ha!

Well, we love you all right back.

4. RevolvingDoor

RevolvingDoor Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    You can't go wrong with people who are passionate about their equipment. :)

5. Gravity Jim

Nov 19, 2009
    Santa Rosa, CA
    The passion for the gear extends as far as the gear improves the music. Everybody likes shiny knobs and new guitars and stuff... but it's how it affects the sound that matters most... which is why I dropped the coin on an overall sonic upgrade and not a refinished '63 Strat. :cool: