Universal Castaway Paradise (By Stolen Couch Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 27, 2013.

1. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I waited a really long time for this following the upcoming thread etc. I knew I would be getting into a free to play and that was ok for me. I always have a village or kingdom in progress on my phone. Always. I thought this might be my next obsession but they killed it with the subscription. If there are areas of the game you want to limit me access to then ask me for a premium unlock. And don't make that area so front and center! Oh well.

2. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    So much free to play... Shoves Facebook integration in my face and VIP. Deleted.

3. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    So many bad reviews, I was excited to start playing this. Maybe I'll hold off, I've never heard of a subscription in an iOS game.

4. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    #224 C.Hannum, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
    While there are the obvious counter-examples like Gameloft's MMO Order & Chaos before it went fully free to play recently, that's not really the same idea.

In the similar vein of "don't shoehorn a sub fee where it doesn't belong" topic, read over the thread for HellQuest: Tears of God some time if you want to see a developer refusing to listen to reality pounding on their door. Great strategy game, lots of solid atmosphere and flavor in what amounted to glorified Farkle, and summarily executed by developers who not only refused to listen to feedback about their terrible subscription system, but went on to double down on the freemium elements and wound up having to abandon the project for being fiscally unsupportable when, surprise surprise, the game's target audience were completely turned off by the terrible fit of their monetization system.

5. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Supported them bevause I love AC, but no iCloud or save support AT ALL with FB connection I can't even have a save across devices or when I migrate to my iphone 5 to 6... what a joke.

Also shoves constant post messages in my face yet can't hold my data??

6. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    The game uses iCloud. You can disable the FB messages in the settings.

7. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Is it possible to delete the file and start a new game? My sisters data is on mine and no way to delete it :( Btw this and seabeard I can't wait for

8. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    #228 RichRuzz, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
    No luck on iCloud game just starts anew even linked to FB... both iPad and iPhone on latest IOS update.

iCloud drive is on and game is green to use it yet no save. Honestly love the game and hope for future stuff but in your face usage of premium currency is kinda annoying even from someone who bought packs to support them.

9. Porsupah

Porsupah Well-Known Member

#229 Porsupah, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    Damn. I'm really sorry to see it's turned out this way.. I'd hoped the "VIP" option would be just a one-time payment to be rid of badgering about speed-ups and adverts, but I doubt I'd enjoy a subscription.

It's a good point, above, that the timers in AC were invisible, and simply part of the world, rather than a monetization opportunity - that aided AC's lasting charm.

Ah well. I'll hold off, and see if the IAP situation is pruned back, or preferably, simply a paid version made available.

10. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Devs said they were thinking about putting a one-time VIP IAP. I hope they do so, because I'm on the same boat as you...

11. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    @BMH: Have you thought about this? I believe if this game had the option of making it fully premium it would satisfy many people including myself.

12. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Ok, I just deleted the game because I don't like it as a freemium experience. If you ever decide to make a one-time IAP to transform the game to a premium experience, please let us know. Thanks.

13. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    [​IMG]

In the next update:
    Chat!

14. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Update 2.0 will launch next week!

15. botomatic

botomatic Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Is it still not possible to reset ones progress? If not, please add ability to do so!

16. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Hi,

We'd love to bring this feature to mobile.

for now you can do this:
    Go to the settings app -> icloud -> disable Castaway Paradise.
    Go to the GameCenter app -> Castaway Paradise -> swipe to delete the game and save file.

Now re-download the game. You will start with a new save file.

17. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    It's Spring!

[​IMG]

18. Durduhdur

Durduhdur Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Was really in love with this game when it first came out but the stamina system eventually drove me away. With the new update I'm excited to jump back in. I can't wait!!

19. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Glad to hear that! Enjoy the new update!