iphone 3g (and equiv touch) users....

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by chickdigger802, Dec 21, 2009.

1. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    Is it just me or is every new graphically impressive game seems to fail on iphone 3g? They either have rather shoddy framerate or causes your device to run out of memory in a few min and boot you back to the main screen. And don't talk about music games... Haven't played a single one that didn't break the 'combo' because of lag...

Gameloft games have a reputation of working well on all devices, but other games seem to be solely optimized for ipod 2gen and above.

Still got about half a year before my 2 year contract is over and I'm getting 4th gen iphone, so I usually focus my attention more on great 2d games because I believe they might run decently on my phone. How do ya approach new games?

2. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    playing on the new iTouch vs my iPhone 3G makes me sad...

graphics are much better and everything runs so much smoother. can't wait for iphone 4G!

3. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I have no problems with my iPhone 3G.

4. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Most 3D games that came out recently are not suited for the 3G. They will run slower and graphics won't be as good, that's the harsh truth.
    iDevice is going obsolete faster than game consoles. -.-';

5. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    Still being able to scale would be nice. Especially when the majority of iphone owners are iphone 3g. Hense the 2 year contract =o