Universal Wan Nyan Slash [Alvin Phu/Dot Warrior Games]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lethardicus, Jul 17, 2014.

1. lethardicus

lethardicus Member

Jan 21, 2013
    #1 lethardicus, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    Recently uploaded a pre-release trailer with some gameplay! Check it out

We'll be releasing very soon this month!

Hey guys! It's Alvin of Dot Warrior Games again here to announce a new game! I'd first like to thank everyone for supporting Block Legend, you guys are awesome and I wouldn't be able to continue making awesome games if it weren't for you guys, and there's definitely more announcements coming with that soon (got some repro cases with some beta users and was actually able to fix some bad issues!). Not to mention proper gamecenter support and achievements and some other nice stuff. BUT ANYWAY, this is about our new game! I've been experimenting with new technologies and learning quite a lot so this game might even be a lot more polished than Block Legend (won't even be half as buggy, I give you my word on that). One day I saw this picture on the internet:

[​IMG]

and thought, that is the most adorable picture I've ever seen in my life, I need to make a game about this. And here we are, Wan Nyan Slash.

Wan Nyan Slash is an infinite adorable demon slaying slashing action game! Play as the wandering samurai Wan and Nyan as they journey to save ancient Japan!

Screens here:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Note: Game is still in development, screenshots may or may not reflect final game, also that's no fun if I spoil EVERYTHING here is there?"

KEY FEATURES--

• Fun dual slashing gameplay.
    • Use secret moves to pull off awesome combos!
    • Fight traditional Japanese demons! A Tengu? A Ninja bear? An...eggplant???
    • Randomly generated regions with day and night, see how long you can survive!
    • Unlockable costumes, each with their own abilities. (What they are, you'll find out soon!)
    • Achievements and Gamecenter Support!
    • NO IAP!!!!

CONTACT DOT WARRIOR GAMES--

• Twitter: @DotWarriorGames
    • Web: www.dotwarriorgames.com
    • General: [email protected]

Meanwhile check out our website/twitter/facebook for more updates.
    www.dotwarriorgames.com
    @dotwarriorgames

2. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
  3. jgainsbrugh

jgainsbrugh Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Awesome! See if u can make like battle heart. Good job!

4. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Love it! The reason? I live in Japan with 3 cats ^^ I can't wait to play this game, if you need beta testers, I would love to do it

5. lethardicus

lethardicus Member

Jan 21, 2013
    I have played bleeding edge! And actually the mechanic is quite different though. It requires dragging both characters who are constantly running. Also think maybe tower defense style if you let an enemy go you lose a life. I thought of the idea remembering the X strike from Chrono Trigger and thought it'd be a neat mechanic. We've also got a ton of power ups and unlockables so hopefully that'll give you some more depth but still casual enough to play with one hand on the train in easy mode. (Example: zig zag drag patterns, matrix style slowdowns, etc.) I'm working with a new art studio this time and they're pretty awesome. The head actually worked on a few game boy advance titles as well (Sword of Mana). Haven't shown it all yet so stay tuned :).

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys.

6. lethardicus

lethardicus Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Finally uploaded our first trailer! Enjoy!