New iPad - Are you getting it?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Sanuku, Mar 7, 2012.

?

Are you getting the "new" iPad?

1. Yes on the Launch Day...

27 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. Yes as soon as Infinity Blade: Dungeons will get released...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I`ll get an iPad 2 because of the Pricedrop instead...

5 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. I won`t get it because i have just bought...

12 vote(s)
    20.3%
  5. I don`t care about it. I`ll wait for the iPad 3 next Year...

15 vote(s)
    25.4%
  1. Frennis

Frennis Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Sydney
    I've pre-ordered one anyway because "my" current iPad2 simply isn't enough for me & my wife but I think that Gabrien makes an interesting point, and like others I'm a bit concerned about the RAM. I would have thought they'd mention it officially if it was more than 512MB, given that they went on about techy stuff like 4-core GPUs and whatnot. Well anyway my overdue 2nd ipad might as well be a 3.

2. sh13ld

sh13ld Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Male
    Co-founder & CEO
    Finland
    Pre-ordered white 16GB Wlan only model yesterday (the cheapest one). This will be my first own iPad.

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    That's not the case. Only the 16gb wifi version is available now and rest of the iPad 2 models have been discontinued.

You can howevere still find 32/64 gb models in the apple refurb store. http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

For those of you who don't know, apple refurbs are practically as good as brand new. You even get the full 1 year warranty from apple. The only thing that might be missing (or not if u get lucky) is the box/packaging. And considering they discontinued the 32/64 gb iPads, I won't be surprised if they end up selling the left over stock of those as refurbs. So you might just get really lucky here and grab a new one for $150 less than what it was selling for less than a week ago.

4. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    iPhone Developer
    My order has shipped. :D

Even got a tracking number for fedex.

5. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    thanks for the info.

6. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Apparently Tesco accidently listed new iPad on their website for a mere £50!! Some people managed to order one... but I'm not sure how likely it is the order will finalise! haha

7. lord-sam

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I'll be getting mine tomorrow... But do I go 16GB or £70 more for 32Gig?

I will have games on there, but I can probably delete them after I've finished them.. Only keeping 'pick up n play' games on there.
    I can also replace stored movies with rentals.
    And certain apps like iPlayer, Facebook and Twitter can be replaced with Safari bookmarks.

Do you think 16gig is enough for a good few games, maybe some newspapers or magazines, and any misc. things I may need (like game saves, text iles saved etc.)???

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    The new Apple Store here in Houston is sick. Just opened last week. Got to check out the new iPad today for 15 minutes without waiting in line at all. It's blinding. The jump isn't even close to the one from the original iPad to the iPad 2 though. We'll see.

Attached Files:

9. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Did you get it? I'd recommend you go 32gb. Thinking about the higher res and increased file sizes, I'd imagine you'll get through 16gb in no time. I went 64gb wit my ipad2 and every time I have a 'clear out' of apps and games, I'm still usually around the 30gb mark. Also, you have a much better camera and perhaps a bit of storage might go on random photo taking, somethin I'd never do with the shockingly poor ipad2 cam.

10. lord-sam

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I decided to go with 32gig in the end. Trapesed round about 10 different electrical stores and not one place had them. Went into an iStore reseller and they said 'Yes,we've got them..... Oh wait, no we don't.'

And they all want me to wait two weeks to order one in! No chance I'm editor that long!!

I cannot understand why Apple doesn't just send out a decent amount of stock to each store. Annoying. And a waste of petrol/time.

11. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Do they not have phones in the UK?

12. lord-sam

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Lol yes. But you end up with generic, centralised numbers to call centres in India that charge £1.50 a minute. So it's sadly and weirdly easier to trudge around!!

13. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
  14. lord-sam

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    But they are the official stores, and nowhere near where I live. I'm talking chain shops like Tesco etc.

15. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Yeah, Apple direct will get you to a UK store... though when I was looking for an iPad 2, they would only tell me if they had some iPads in stock... quantity, capacity, wifi/3g... all big secrets in Apples infinite wisdom! "You have to come in-store and take a look"

16. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #76 backtothis, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  17. Noehall

Noehall Member

Apr 1, 2012
    I will get the iPad 2 because of the price drop. So I choose to poll 3.