older sega games on iphone

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by lysto, Mar 13, 2013.

1. lysto

lysto New Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Is it possible to play sega master system and genesis games on iphone without jailbreaking it?

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm afraid not. Apparently there was a way to play some old Megadrive (Genesis) games using Gridlee but that apps gone now.

Just have to wait for Sega to re-release the games, i wish they could release a compilation app or simply release more old classics. Many of these games still play very well , graphics/sound might be a bit more outdated but the gameplay was superb.

3. lysto

lysto New Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Yes why not release official app(kind of emulator) with iap purchases of games.Something like virtual console on wii.I'm sure there will be alot interest

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I actually liked the Turbo Grfx (PC Engine) app but they never update that anymore. Really liked the Atari and Activision apps, lots of games there.

The Midway Arcade app could have been really good if they added more games to it. The Namco one is full of overpriced IAP's but has potential (the latest game they added was good). Capcom Arcade i used to quite like but it was a huge file and again they stopped adding to it.

Wish more and more companies would release compilation apps like the Atari and Activision ones.

5. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Sigh... oh how I long for Hudson to update the Turbografx16 Gamebox... and for Sega to keep the Genesis games coming. One can hope...