What is stair dismount touch

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jeknightx, Jul 31, 2009.

1. jeknightx

jeknightx Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    I was Looking At the zen bound developers signature and it said he was working on an Ngmoco project called ( Stair Dismount Touch). Does anyone know anything about this?

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I think it is an idea that the IOC is floating about to have the iDevice in the Olympics and they are planning some of the finishing moves...

3. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    #3 1337brian, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  4. tadad1

tadad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Uranus
    I wouul assume it is an iDevice version of Stair Dismount (also known as Porrasturvat) a computer game made by Jetro Lauha of tAAt. It is a puzzle game where the goal is maximising the 'damage' done to a 3D stickman figure; the player causes damage by applying a force to the figure to make it fall down a staircase.

The stick figure's falls are accompanied by various sound effects — cracks, wails and groans — as it makes its way to the bottom. Stair Dismount uses ragdoll physics, so the figure is very floppy as it falls, like a ragdoll.

The game was first published in Assembly 2002, where it won the first prize in the game development competition.

[​IMG]

You can still download the original free game Here

5. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Is it just me, or is Star Dismount kind of pointless? I guess I just don't "get" how its fun.

6. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    If it's pre-set levels then maybe boring, but if there is any type of level editing then I'm all for it!

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I don't know about this game - but my kids love the acheivements in the game "Skate" and "Skate 2" to see how many bones you can break.. Seems like the same thing... One more thing that kids (and I guess adults too) are becoming inured to...