Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-27-2014, 08:00 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

You're right and I pretty much never use the trade button myself. If I had to move it, up next to pause is definitely a good spot. But I think I'll probably sit on it for now. If I decide to include some form of powers or magic spells, I'm going to need that last little bit of space for that.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:46 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

I just finished the game tonight on Normal difficulty. Great fun! It was really well balanced (at least for my skill level) on normal. I lost a few fights, but never enough to be frustrating. Awesome job! One of my favorite iOS experiences since Sword & Poker 2.

I also greatly appreciated the ending; even those few screens of text (and funny images) gave some nice closure. I hope this game does well enough to generate an expansion with a new map and additional dialog, and perhaps a few non-combat text/static image cutscenes. Those sort of things add a lot to the experience for me.

In addition to some of the things already mentioned, I'd like to see:
* high word score database - so we can see which words netted us the most points.
* more variation in equipment - gear that deals bleeding/poison/burning, or gear that heals a small amount over time - maybe tiles that heal damage when matching, instead of additional damage?
* an additional minigame here and there on certain map hotspots; given one rack of letters, how many words can you spell?/spell as many words as you can in 60 seconds/spell the best word you can with the given letters, compare the result vs. the enemy, then are rewarded accordingly
* dictionary! I know that this is in the pipeline, but I've had matches where I didn't know even *one* of the words my opponent spelled (ajee? od?), so I'd love to see this included as soon as possible.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:49 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Hey Puce,

Thanks for the feedback. I really do enjoy reading peoples comments.
It's great to hear that the difficulty felt right. It proved quite tricky to keep the difficulty curve right when factoring in the item upgrades.

I'm trialling a different dictionary on the Android version of the app (which I just released). And it seems to have pretty much the same issues (although it gets the app size down quite a bit which is nice).

Failing that I'll have to look at other methods to get the monster words feeling more natural. Believe it or not I do actually have the words ranked by their usage in common English. So I do know when the monster is playing a less common word. The problem lies within finding a good word to play within an acceptable load time on slower devices.
I will tackle that algorithm eventually. But it won't be for a while.