Spamming of Apps games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by hellscaretaker, Jul 18, 2016.

1. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    I couldn't help but notice looking back over the weekend the 30+ (i give up the will to keep counting) new slot machine games that appeared in the store. All look nasty and while they have different "authors" or titles, all of them sharing the same description and graphics.

Surely this kind of "spamming" has to be brought to a halt no wonder developers struggle these days to stand out when game store when it's swamped with spamming on scale of this.

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

This isn't a new thing, you can check the latest games to hit the App Store any time and see a whole new assortment of slot machine games- http://appshopper.com/all/games/new/

No idea why Apple allows this.

3. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Money would be my guess. Apple has shown time and time again that they care about what people think and making the App Store work... Somewhat, but overall, value money the most.

4. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer

money for who? i cant honestly seeing 5 slots released at the same time made by the same person or persons be making any money from apple to make a cut from?

Or is there more to how all this works which im not aware off?

5. sindyan

sindyan Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    My guess it would be just simple math. The more versions of the same app they have the more chances of you coming across it, and the more chances for money from IAP or adds.

Another thing I have seen lately, is companies copying the Kingdom Rush series and putting it in the their game. They make different front part, but it is the same game.I'm talking the same artwork, sound effects, level design, etc. I have e-mailed the company of Kingdom rush to give a heads up but I didn't hear back.

6. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    They may make some, however minimal. Plus there's the $50 fee (if I'm correct) to get the app up so they can just take that money in too. I mean, there's no drawbacks to letting all of these games in from their perspective