iPad Gesundheit! (by Revolutionary Concepts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 27, 2011.

1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Im just telling them that the issue is still there and isnt fixed with 1.0.1, as they requested :)

2. Chigger

Chigger Active Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Muy bien! :D

3. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Honestly, I have no idea what the gameplay really is, video totally didnt help, and the snot concept is a bit repellant to me. I could probably get over that were I to play it, but I rarely bother with lites. I'm slightly tempted by all of the good reviews, but truth be told, I'll probably never buy it. I think you really need to make it free, push out tons and tons of copies, and have people showing it to their friends.

4. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Finally got time to play it and just spent several minutes. So far so good, but kinda feel I want to zoom in more and see the details.

Also I wish we can pan around the stage in the next update.

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    You can pinch to zoom... its gorgeous

6. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    A lot of devs do the free thing hoping word of mouth and chart position changes will equal long term benefit, but I'm more than skeptical. You look at the longest running top paid apps, Angry Birds, The Moron Test, Cut The Rope, Fruit Ninja, Flick Fishing, Zombieville USA, Flight Control, etc. and they've never gone free and many aren't as polished as this title.

The reality is that if $1 is too high a barrier to get you to buy AND you're too disinterested and lazy to bother with a lite version, there is little hope that free is going to change things. You can't be arsed to try a lite version, but, hey, if a dev will just give you their full game you'll certainly take the time to praise it to your friends? I don't believe it.

At any rate, a lite version should contain the intro as was previously said and maybe a total of a half dozen levels from the first three areas just to give people a taste of the variety without spoiling too much. A week after the lite version comes out, jack the price back up to $2, which is already a bargain. Devs with quality titles have got to stop thinking they're going to win by competing with $1 shovel ware titles out there.

7. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    This really is a great game. I was distracted by Quest Runner, but once I reached the end the first game I thought to go back to was this one.

8. Chigger

Chigger Active Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Totally agree with C.Hannum. I think ArtNJ just wants free shit. None of the huge titles C.Hannum mentioned dolled out tons of free copies. It's unrealistic. The developers have to support their time and effort as well as fund future updates, etc. Making a game free doesn't make fiscal sense on any level unless it is riddled with ads which I can't stand or riddled with IAP which I dislike even worse.

And to this....

Well, just think of it is green bubble gum! :p

9. Revolutionary Concepts

Revolutionary Concepts Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    #249 Revolutionary Concepts, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
    It's obviously not your kind of game but thanks for the feedback ) though I think we'll pass on the whole just make it free thing. :p

btw iPad version launch sale just ended now $2.99.
    Konami will extend the iPhone savings for a bit longer.

10. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Definitely a great idea. :rolleyes: . First off: check the bolded parts. You have no idea what the gameplay is, but you don't try out lites. Make sense how? And from the devs stand point, it's not like Gesundheit isn't selling at all. Look at where it is on the charts! It's in the top 100 in paid games. And you're just as likely to show a game to your friends, surely, if you paid for it or got it free. Not much difference there if it's a high quality game as I'm sure this is.
    I'll probably be picking this up soon. By next week I'll probably buy it, considering I have some money on my gift card :D

11. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    @Revolutionary Concepts: Can we pan the camera around? Usually games do this by 2 fingers swipe.

Yes, but only after we zoom out, no? Which means we can't zoom in the default view.

12. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Whenever somebody says something along those lines, it is always embarrassingly obvious that they're proposing that "solution" for their own benefit, not the developers'. Fortunately, people are quite capable of showing "lite" versions to their friends.

13. Revolutionary Concepts

Revolutionary Concepts Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Heya DNK. Regretably no as that would mean leaving Piggy all alone in a dangerous world while you are off sightseeing :p
    But seriously we considered and it has too many implications that affect the gameplay and is yet another layer of complexity for users to grapple with.

I kind of like the idea of taking Piggy with you and exploring rather than getting a peek ahead. Certainly when you get to latter levels with the Super Snot, and Grapple Snot and teleporting you can appreciate why it is as it is :)

Hope this helps explain our thinkifying :)

14. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Heheh, yeah, I don't know why but I just feel like panning around. Feels natural to be able to swipe and pan around. And it won't really complicate or change gameplay as you can zoom out and see everything anyway, so everything you can see in zoomed in mode can also be seen in zoomed out mode.

15. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Indeed.

16. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Yep, Was thinking the same thing as that guy too.

People are unwilling to spend 99c on an AMAZING game so they beg the developer to make the game Free for a 'Promotion'.

The only valid way to ask games for Free is if you are reviewing them..... Even then half the time i end up buying the games to support the Indie devs anyways. :p

17. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Double Post...

18. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #258 ArtNJ, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
    Oh, is that why I have done it many times for games I already own? You tell them how to get visibility for a polished game that isnt selling. You know everything right?

19. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    They never said it wasn't selling! They just said that it wasn't in the top 100. It's still in the top 300 Paid Charts and considering the amount of paid apps there are that's good. Go away learn a bit about the industry then come back. Making the game FREE will not help, the only person it might help is you by taking your sloppy opinions away from this thread for a while.

Im finished.....

20. treasurestudio

treasurestudio Well-Known Member

Read on the review that the shadows move when you move the iPhone round... mine seem pretty static? Playing on iPhone4. Anyone else seeing the same?

Lovely little game tho! :)