Universal Real Racing 3 by Electronic Arts

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by matthew-13, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    I think some dev guy said it was the best car in the game. What would he know anyway. He was too busy putting a deposit on his diamond plated yacht to pay attention to the frickin cars

2. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Got RR2 and the original backed up now .

3. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Silvia. Cheap repair times and starts every morning without fail

4. racer-007

racer-007 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    "There's also the Zonda R, which costs 400 gold (£34.99 / $69.99). Michael De Graaf, the game's associate producer, personally assured me that this is the best car in the game."

Link: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Real+Racing+3/news.asp?c=48603

PS: The Agera is much better in top speed but slightly weaker in the other three areas.

With the exception of Spa and Mt Panaroma and maybe Indy oval, the Agera will never get a chance to reach top speed or anywhere closeby.

5. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    If i were you racer-007 i would wait for the final build/worldwide release on the 28th.
    Maybe they lower the gold cost for these cars.....but....but....that is probably not going to happen :D

6. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Fixed .

7. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    Hmmm...interesting. You are actually very, very right mate!

I best keep this for now. Only 6 days to go. I can surely wait.

Thanks for knocking some sense into my head mate. Should've known better!

8. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    http://youtu.be/jztAa4GDUek
    Don't know if that link works, but there's a new teaser video up on you tube

9. killy billy

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    God knows how many extra gold you need to fully upgrade the pagani zonda R and the koenigsegg agera R!!
    By my calculations it would be 1000 gold coins or more just to upgrade one of those b*tches.
    My porche 918 rsr concept is already close to 400 gold coins just to fully upgrade!

10. killy billy

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Lol :D

11. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    See, at the highest level paying even $10 initially to start off well won't help. I think this needs to be highlighted in a review of the game - 800 coins for the most expensive car, and 1200 more to fully upgrade it.

That's just...OMG...$200 for one car!!! 200 real world US dollars that is!

12. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    I know that people love murdering reviewers that miss the mark but with the constant changes and so many variables for enjoyment this will be a bitch to review

13. Gassnake85

Gassnake85 Member

Feb 22, 2013
    I'm still taking my time with the game. No rush to finish it, and thoroughly enjoying it :)

14. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I think it's possible. Look at something else freemium like Extreme Road Trip 2. There's a lot you can unlock without ever paying for the IAP gold, but like that... there's a paywall when it comes to unlocking all of the cars in the game and fully upgrading them. So as long as you detail the paywall and so on, then I think the rest of the game can be measured on it's quality alone. How is the racing AI? Ok that too is a bit of a difficult point since they can tweak this as reported in the latest update. But as long as the review is based on the current state of the game with whatever wait timers and ai it happens to have... then all's fair.

I think the bigger issue is why bother reviewing a freemium game in the first place? Ok sure if the dev pays or something for it or you're just bored. But if it's free for everyone then they can just read the user reviews on the appstore and see all the people loving/complaining about the game right there. It'll be the most current reviews first.... which even with all the review buying on the appstore, it's hard to bury the bad reviews because new ones will pour in faster than they can counter.

15. Checking in for the first time today? Did the world come to an end??? Hope today is a better day today than yesterday. Doesn't seem like the world has ended. Thank you Bruce Willis!

Attached Files:

16. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

This is what is so incredibly mystifying to me about the need for a review for this game. It's free. Anyone can download it. If you like it, cool. If you don't, delete it. I'm not sure why it needs to be more complicated than that aside from the weird drive to satiate confirmation bias or something.

17. #2117 Connector, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
    We will all laugh if as Danny alluded to, they actually increase the gold coin cost for you... No, I will cry. :(

18. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    The gold coins will cost a arm and a leg (really) you send them your email address and EA execs come and take the arm and leg of their choice...but won't go so good has to people putting in fake addresses or the least favorite person.

19. synagence

synagence Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Interesting point I just noticed. The ridiculous times in auto cross seem to have been erased. Just placed 1st with a 47s time on silver stone and were no TSM competitors
    Same with Suzuka

20. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    I've refrained from commenting in this thread until now.
    I wanted to spend some time with it and give it a chance, without preconceived notions of what was good/bad about it.
    In looking at the actual gameplay, this is the best racing game on the AppStore.
    The controls are fine tuned and there are options to suit every play style.
    The graphics, in comparison to all other racing games, are inarguably the best on the AppStore.
    The AI is fairly good. The other racers have no concern for damaging their cars, which actual multi player opponents would. I don't really see it as that huge of a negative as the races haven't been terribly difficult to get gold on so far.
    In essence this is the best racing game on the AppStore... Except, the way the game is structured for payment.
    I have 3 cars in the game and enough cash for another. 60 gold coins or so banked. I am still finding that the wait timers cause me to disconnect from the experience of the actual game. I like the "sim" management element of the play. The wait timers cause me to shut the game down though and for days I haven't found myself going back to it. I may never go back to playing.
    Just my experience with it. I get the feeling it may be a fairly common one given a little time though. Cheers.