Indie Developer Exchange of Ads

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Runloop, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Runloop

Runloop Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    Hi all,

My name is Daniel Wood and I run Runloop, a one man iOS development studio. I recently had the idea to try and start a new kind of ad network for indie developers. This network, the IDEA, would allow developers to advertise for free, while publishers would make money via their Linkshare referral program (for facilitating this I would take a small percentage of the referrals myself). The hope being that because the ads are far more relevant to the target audience - than say a car or weight loss ad - more people would choose to click on them and then go on to purchase.

It's very early days but I do have this up and running now on a small scale. I've implemented the ad code in a couple of my smaller apps and I'm getting a few thousand impressions a day. I have 2 more games, currently in submission with Apple, that I hope will generate a lot more impressions. So far the CTR seems good. If I can prove that this is a viable alternative to using an existing ad network I will start opening it up to other publishers.

The reason I am posting this today is that I need more ads. So far I've managed to get only 12 ads from developers by offering free ads on here and Twitter. As these same ads get shown again and again the effectiveness of the ads gets less and less. I need many more.

If you would be interested in having some free advertising, no strings attached, then all I need from you is a 320x50 size banner for your game(s) and your app ID or iTunes link.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards
    Daniel

PS. Apologies if you've already received this by email.

2. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    Would multiple banners for the same app help the situation?

3. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    As I've currently built the whole thing it only accepts one ad per app. I think I'd like to keep it that way as well so I can allow people to submit their own ads without abusing the system.

4. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    Perfectly fine... I wasn't sure if the problem was 'variety of banners' or 'variety of ads' which is why I asked the question

5. BravadoWaffle

BravadoWaffle Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    Awesome idea, and I'd be up for supporting it once we get our game going. I hope you get plenty of support, and I love the idea of an indie game supported ad network! I think it's got plenty of potential.

6. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    Thanks, I'll keep you posted as to the progress.

7. gameview

gameview Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Very interested in your idea.

8. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    Great, when your game is out send me an ad.

9. gameview

gameview Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Ok, no problem!:)